Junie's Place: Oh! How I miss you!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Oh! How I miss you!




Oh!  How I miss Dan Fogelberg! 

I have had him and his wonderful music on my mind, constantly, since  getting the email yesterday from the Living Legacy website!


It just seems unreal that he is gone...and his beautiful voice stilled forever!


I came across this video that someone put together- beautiful scenes with this  wonderful song  from Dan's second album - 'Souvenirs' - 1974.


  I remember the first time I played this...experiencing the feelings he was expressing so well with these words of his song; of a young person being away from his home and having a longing for things familiar...yet at the same time, seeking his place in the world. And knowing the  feelings of loneliness and some disillusionment in his search!


The song just always touched me in such a special way!
 Well, I have to say, most of Dan's songs did that for me!





Junie Rose




Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:42 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~I enjoyed the lovely Video of Dan Fogelberg. At least we still have the music and videos etc of all the wonderful artists who have
passed away. The pictures from your garden are lovely too and it must be great to see Spring arriving. Thanks
for your comments, I am behind with
my replies. I am glad you enjoy the jokes. Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Merle,

Thanks for coming by and I'm happy you enjoyed Dan's music.

...and glad you like the flowers too. I feel blessed to live in fl where we don't have the extreme cold of the northern part of our country!

Will visit you soon.

Love,

June

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, I enjoyed the video and Dan's music.
Thank for your lovely comment , Carol always helps when she comes over to visit. and spoils me rotten...

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting, Jeanette. I'm happy you enjoyed Dan's music.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home