Junie's Place: Happy St. Patrick's Day! ( update at bottom of post)

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day! ( update at bottom of post)


Happy St. Patrick's day!


I am working on my corned beef and cabbage dinner- for later tonight! That is, if I can keep the guys away from it till dinner time! Chris just found a piece of pizza left over from a couple days ago. :) Maybe that will hold him off for awhile!

It will probably just be the 3 of us here for dinner, but maybe Tina and Alli can come up also! I know Tina is working and never sure when she can get home... We'll see a little later what their plans are.

:) All the celebrating we do for this day is eat corned beef and cabbage and wear green! I can handle that!

~~~

Well, my first grandson was almost a St. Pats baby...and I suggested Patrick as a name for him- but Tina went with 'Daniel!' I'm glad she did. Can't imagine any other name for this boy (man) now! He's not often called Danny ~ it's Daniel or Dan!

~~~

I will make a pic of our dinner later!

The corned beef is yummy!

Well- yes- of course I had to sample it to see if it was good enough! And- yes - it is! :) Now I have to do the rest of the meal!

~~~

Be back a little later....

~~~

Later...


We had dinner awhile ago and it was just the 3 of us after all.

Well- I have to say it was an excellent meal. All you see here except the baked potatoes which I almost forgot to bring to the table!



Corned beef is one of my favorite foods! I don't know why I don't cook it more often! Gotta remember how good this was and do it again soon!

Hope you all had a good day too!





Junie Rose





Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 7:47 PM , Blogger Jean said...

Your meal looks delicious! Happy St Patrick's Day!

 
At 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drooling over your dinner--it looks delicious. Jay and I like a good corned beef brisket about once a month.

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, dear Junie:-) Oh yummmm, I wish I could have went over there to help you eat that delicious looking corned beef! Would you believe, that's something I've never cooked? When my boys were little I use to make green jello and cupcakes with green frosting...now they probably go to the bars to drink green beer! lol Happy Birthday to Dan!!! xox

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Skye said...

I like seeing your blog in the background of that second picture! :)

The corned beef looks really yummy. Wish I knew how to make it... I only ever use the horrible stuff out of a can.

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Yummmmm! It looks delicious Junie. Hope you and Charles had a great St. Paddy's Day. CHEERS!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks-all you ladies!


Yes - we had a good day and the corned beef was very good!


Skye-

I just follow the directions on the package in cooking my corned beef. It's really simple. You just boil
( simmer, after reaching a boil) the meat in enough water to cover, with the spice pack included.
The size I cooked required 2- 1/2 hours of cooking time.

One thing to remember...look for the ones with less visible fat.

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

YUMMY!!!
That's a great pic of you & Charles.
The food makes for a tasty photo prop.

:-)

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, JD,

It did turn out very well- (the corned beef) and the pic too.(considering what was there to work with -haha) We don't often have anyone around to take a picture of us together- so I jump at any chance I have.

I told the kids this is a good pic to use on our double tombstone when we die....except crop out the TV and the computer screen. Tina said, "Why do that?...The computer represents you and the TV represents Dad, very well!" haha- and I guess she's right!


Junie

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Ha ha - too funny! What does the corned beef represent, though? Maybe you should crop that out! ;)

Thanks for the instructions on the corned beef. I've never seen it in a store, so will have to look (harder) in my meat section.

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- Probably it would say to the sad onlookers...
"Too much Bull did them in!"

Junie

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Junie, you're funny!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home