Junie's Place: This day~ 3~26~08 ~ Music & Flowers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This day~ 3~26~08 ~ Music & Flowers


Music and Flowers


These 2 subjects seem to dominate my thoughts and control my activities these days.


Today I spent some time again walking around our place...just marveling at the beauty around me! No credit can I take for any of this, nor can Charles!
(except to have kept away with clippers and mowers)

This is as God intended these flowers to grow...natural and free!


(Click to enlarge pics)


These pictures are:

1. The wildflower meadow... assorted flowers but mostly the wild phlox! Along the edge of this meadow you see some shrub roses that bloom almost year round here. The black board is part of the fence that was there, separating the meadow area from our side yard!
We left the board there because a couple of times when we went to pick it up to move it we discovered a Black Racer snake under it! We left the board alone, not wanting to disturb the snake! :) I checked today, but he was not home! I was hoping to get his picture...maybe next time!

























2. The white Cherokee Rose that is often found along roadsides in rural areas of the south USA. ~ This one has been allowed to ramble as it wishes , and you can see , it has reached the tallest tree tops.














3. Wisteria is one of my favorites...and I like to see it just rambling as it wishes, too! :)
















Probably a very good thing that I like the free flow growing of plants around here because there's no way we'd ever be able to keep things neatly trimmed.

All of these flowers have a short blooming period. (as do Azaleas, Camellias, and the plum and Dogwood and Red buds; which are over for this spring) Maybe that's why I treasure all of these so highly!

OK~ I have still not done any gardening - but hope I can soon!

~~~

I slept better last night and I think it's because I went to bed more relaxed and happy than usual! I had some good music listening time and had some chit chat about music with a friend. ( talked to Bonnie in Reno) I played some Knopfler solo and Dire Straits with my friend and find I like this music more, every time I hear it!

Have decided to go for the Atlanta concert tickets on Saturday when they go on sale! Charles agreed we could do the show!
Got my fingers crossed! ;)

~~~

Hey!
Take a walk among the wildflowers.

AND~ listen to the music!


Junie



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Well now that I've had my much needed 'fix' of beautiful flowers at Junie's Place....I believe I'll sleep like a baby tonight too. Thanks for the spring smiles Junie...

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) yer welcome, Joy!

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

So glad you stopped by and enjoyed your visit - come back anytime.
I enjoyed my visit with you as well, I had to smile at your closing. I have a good friend who tells me - listen to some music.
We should all stop and smell the roses, wildflowers, etc.!!!

 
At 10:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visit, Carletta,

Hope you'll come again!

And I have been 'listening to some music' again tonight!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home