Junie's Place: Mark Knopfler ~ and more Easter goodies!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Mark Knopfler ~ and more Easter goodies!


Hey!

I went to Wal-Mart today, to finish up my shopping for our Easter dinner! Charles had bought some more corned beefs to cook. (Yes, we liked it so well on St. Patrick's Day we decided to have it again ~ but this time just sliced for sandwiches-not cooked with cabbage!) I also bought a ready to serve, spiral-cut ham! Also may make some chicken salad! Lol- I like to have a lot of choices! Will have potato salad and cole slaw, and , of course some deviled eggs; I always boil a lot of extras! ... And other stuff..etc-etc...

~~~

OH!
This is what I do with left over boiled eggs! Do any of you like pickled eggs? We do! I buy a lot of Claussen Kosher Dill pickles and we usually have a jar almost empty at any given time... I peel the boiled eggs and put them in the pickle juice (after removing and eating any pickles still in the jar!) We usually add a shake or 2 of red pepper flakes! These are very good to team up with a sandwich for lunch! I don't have any in my fridge at the moment but will have after Sunday! And I have saved 2 jars of pickle juice just for that purpose. :)

BTW- about those pickles...those Claussen dills are the best ever! IMHO...I love the baby dills- some as small as 2 inches long! They are the only pickles I ever buy! They are found in the cooler section with sandwich meats and cheeses- not on the pickle shelf! LOL - If you know of better ones, please don't complicate my life by telling me ! I love these pickles!

~~~

OK~
Here are some more goodies I bought today. All the family will be here so I wanted to have enough candy for everyone! OK-OK- Those cho. covered eggs are MY favorites...so I guess that's why 2 boxes of those ended up in my cart...(but I haven't gotten into them yet!) See the cute bunny and basket I bought for myself? (Well- I have no little boys and girls to buy for so it has to be me! :( )

I also bought 2 more of the little rose bushes...these hardy shrub roses that I know will do well! NEXT week they will get planted!! That will please the Gnome lady, I'm sure!

Just by chance I spied this cd of Mark Knopfler ...this musician that has me all excited lately...and just had to get this for myself! This is his latest cd and I'm sure will be a big part of the concert I plan/ hope to see in July!
I found several of the songs on Youtube of this cd last night!

This guy is good! Although he is somewhat different than he was with Dire Straits, the music is very appealing to me! There was definitely life after 'Dire Straits' for Knopfler!




ENJOY!
(sorry- it's just music , not a video- but very good listening! )


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 8:23 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have only just recently sometimes permitted pickles to stay upon my burgers.

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) I don't like pickles on my burgers... well, those are usually sweet pickles and I don't like those at all.

I like the crunchy little dills!


Junie

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Your Easter dinner sounds wonderful :)
I hadn't thought of pickled eggs in years, but my Mom used to make them. She used vinegar and beet juice (perhaps some other spice?) I never cared for them, but they were an Easter tradition..
Hope you Easter is wonderful Junie :)
xo

 
At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comment is on the music. I loved it. The man sure can play and sing. Thanks for sharing,

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I really enjoyed the music... I buy the Claussens dill halves for my husband, he absolutely loves them. I get them at Wal-Mart because they have the cheapest price. I will have to try "pickling" some eggs. How long do they need to be in the pickle brine before they are ready to eat? Have a Happy Easter and enjoy all of the wonderful food. I was out shopping for Easter dinner food today too.

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Lucy,

I would think after a couple days the eggs would be ready but they do keep a long time when pickled like that.

I'm happy you enjoyed the music, too!

Happy Easter.


Junie

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Susie,

Thanks for coming by .

I hope you and your family have a Happy Easter>


HUGS))


Junie

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mary (Momma)

Happy you liked the music! He IS good, isn't he!


Happy Easter to you and your family.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home