Junie's Place: Life gets tedious...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Life gets tedious...

These restless nights are getting a little tedious...

Again I awoke way too early at about 5:00 AM.. I went to bed at around 12:30 and took a Melatonin and got right to sleep...but had disturbing dreams again! This is getting old - and not a bit funny!

I suppose one thing that was on my mind was still wishing I could make the Mark Knopfler concert. I found out they have added another show to the schedule - in Atlanta - for July 29th!
And these tickets don't go on sale until March 29th! (My daughter says I might be able to get good seats for this, by calling early -and thru Ticketmaster they are less $$) As I said before I'd pay the price for a good ticket!

This would fit right into our plan to be in Athens, Alabama, Aug 2 nd. for the family reunion...except...it would mean an extra couple days. Charles has his cows and no one to take over taking care of them so it's very hard to plan to be away, even an extra couple of days more!

~~

Dang it!

It's hard being a farmer's wife - and having the heart of a Rock 'n' Roller!!

Well ... You see my dream is not yet dead... or at least it's not buried...


~~~


For some strange reason this old song is running through my head this morning...




LYRICS


WALTER BRENNAN
LIFE GETS TEDIOUS, DON'T IT ?




LIFE GETS TEEJUS, DON'T IT?
(Carson Robison)


The sun comes up and the sun goes down
And the hands on the clock go round and roumd
I just wake up and it's time to lay down,
Life gets teejus, don't it.

My shoe's untied, but, shucks, I don't care
Cuz I recon I ain't a-goin' nowhere,
I'd brush my teeth and comb my hair
Just too much wasted effort.

The water in the well get lower and lower,
Ain't had a bath in a month or more
I've heard it said and I'm sure it's true
That too much bathing will weaken you.

Danged ol' mule, he must be sick.
I jabbd him in the rump with a pin on a stick
He hunched his back, but he wouldn't lick
Something cock-eyed somewhere.

Hound dog's howling so forlorn
Laziest dawg that ever was born
He's howlin' 'cause he's settin' on a thorn
Just too tired to move over.

Well, the cow's gone dry and the hens won't lay
And my well dried up last Saturday
My troubles keep pilin' up day by day
And now I'm gettin' dandruff.

Roof's a-leakin' and the chimney leans,
An' there's a hole in the seat of my old blue jeans
Now I've et the last of the pork an' beans,
Just can't depend on nothin'

Mouse is gnawin' at the pantry door
He's been at it now for a month or more
When he gets through he'll sure be sore
Cause there ain't a dang thing in there.

Well, it's debts and taxes and pains and woes
Aches and miseries and that's how it goes
And now I'm getting a cold in my nose,
Life gets tasteless, don't it.

~~~


Haha! I remember this song being 'sung' by Walter Brennan! I hoped to find a Youtube of Walter B. doing this but couldn't.

~~~ I did find some others, but Walter's version is the one I remember and that's the one I wanted! :(~~~


~~~

Later,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:44 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope the concert works out for you. Maybe you guys can head there separately and come home together?

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh, and best of luck wrt getting a good night of sleep.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

Well- the concert... we'll see how it goes (the one last idea I have :)

No- no way we could go separately-

I DO hope I can manage some better nights of sleep soon.

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger John-Michael said...

A big ol' "Howdy neighbor" from Tampa. My Mom phoned and asked about this 'teejus' song (knowing that I have this mystical ability to search out details of random thoughts [she doesn't 'get' the internet ... but does enjoy having access to old stuff through her eldest son's involvement on it {smile}].)

So, Dear Neighbor, I thank you for providing the lyrics that I have copied and will send to Mom via 'snail mail.'

I do LOVE your musical selections!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home