Junie's Place: Spring is in the air! (OH!! and Dire Straits update!! )

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring is in the air! (OH!! and Dire Straits update!! )


( Update at bottom!!)


Spring is in the air and my new spring banner finally replaced the Christmas Reindeer one that was left hanging lots longer than it should have been!

Charles bought me this butterfly banner recently! I think it will do quite well to welcome in spring and summer! Don't you agree?

Spring is getting on here, in fact our spring blossoms will soon be over. The Azaleas are past their prime...almost over, in fact.




This light pink one still has some pretty blooms, though.




These pictures were taken yesterday in the late afternoon. I love walking out that time of day. The orange blossoms seem to be at their most fragrant at that time!



Heavenly scent and beautiful to see, with fruit still
hanging on the trees.





Here are my 2 boys ~ waiting patiently for their evening meal...









...Just a day in the life of Junie Rose...and it was good!



Junie

~~


Actually- I should say ~ Mark Knopfler update! (formerly of Dire Straits!)

I discovered yesterday that Mark Knopfler is doing a world tour and will be coming to Tampa area for a show on July 30th! This is about 80 miles from us and seems a doable thing for us to attend this concert! (At least it is - from my point of view!)

I mentioned it to Charles ....and he was noncommittal...as expected. Well, I told him I would get the tickets and pay for them out of 'my household $$$!' Still he didn't commit- lol -or comment either, for that matter! :) I even played him this wonderful 'Dire Straits' song that I have posted here! Still... No Response! Oh, well! We'll see!

(Perseverance is one of my strong points - I've been told!)


The main obstacle that I can see is that we always
have a family reunion trip to Alabama in July (Chas.'s Fam.) that we don't want to miss
...but I believe it will be earlier in the month!
(I HOPE so!)

It isn't often that I find music (or anything else) that just grabs me like this has! I hate to miss this chance to see Mark Knopfler in concert!

Wish me luck, my blog buddies!

~~~

Dire Straits~ 'Brothers in Arms'

~~This just might be the most beautiful and touching song ever written!!
And no one is a better guitarist than Mark Knopfler! And this video is just superb! ~~


Enjoy!







Note:


Of course I know this is from years back and The Knopfler of today may be different from this younger man - however - I can't imagine someone being THIS good a few years back and not still being good!

He had a cd released last year and I need to get it to catch up on his music!

Oh! But I can hope he'll do some of the old Dire Straits music , too!

(Wow! I need to slow down and not 'Count my chickens......etc-etc.')


:) Can you tell I'm excited?

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Lovely post! I could almost smell those orange blossoms! Your new banner truly says springtime..
Adorable kitties too..
xo

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Susie,

:) It's good to have you visiting again!

xox

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Good luck, Junie! I hope you get to go to see Dire Straits!! Maybe you can bribe Charles with... umm... something he really likes??? ;)

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Maybe a new helmet or something he needs to try out on the way to a Dire Straits concert will do the trick? LOL!

 
At 11:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The latest thing I have heard from him was the duet album with Emmy Lou Harris and it was great. Hope you get to go!

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, girls,


Working on it!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home