Junie's Place: Yesterday (flowers & music)

Monday, March 24, 2008

Yesterday (flowers & music)



Here are some scenes of spring that I love!

I like using the little meadow flowers in decorating for Easter and spring! Don't they look so fine in this little bunny's egg vase?

My meadow flowers have been important to me since the early 70s when we found and bought this property. It took us many years to be able to leave our life in Miami and build our home here but we were finally able to do that! This July it will be 20 years that we have been here! Charles has indulged me in letting me keep this flower meadow in it's natural state - un-cut during the winter and spring and well into summer. And we have never used it for any of the assorted live stock we have had over the years! We are rewarded with a field of these pink wild flowers for several weeks of spring and summer!

I love, too, the old fashioned shrub roses that bloom so abundantly through out spring and summer- with or without my care or attention!

These are some of my favorite things in the whole world!











(click to enlarge)












~~~

Update on my Mark Knopfler concert plans...


My daughter and I searched out all the info about this concert I wanted to see and find the only seats still available are not desirable ( only 5 rows from the back) but still very expensive!

I would have been willing and happy to pay that amount for better seats...but - well... it just seemed too much for a couple hours of music I would have to watch through binoculars!

Sometimes we just have to make choices and sometimes we have to let reason prevail!


:) Don't be sad for me - be proud I made a sensible decision, for a change!


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Well, you can take comfort in your flowers!
Too bad about the concert.
:-(

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That meadow is a great and wonderful idea. It makes me happy to think about it.

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi


Jamie Dawn

and

AC,

yes!!! I love my wildFlower meadow!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home