Junie's Place: 47 Years (Family interest)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

47 Years (Family interest)

The card I gave Charles is on the left and the yellow one with the heart is mine from him!

On a past anniversary we ended up getting each other the exact same card! THIS time it almost happened again!

I opened his card first and thought, "Uut- ohh~ It's happened again!" I had looked at the same card for him that he chose for me...and for a moment I wasn't sure if that was my final choice! :) Well, turns out I found the other one that pleased me more for him!

These coincidences happen often with us! :) Goes with being married so long...we tend to think alike, more and more...and it even extends into picking out the cards with the words we want to say to each other!


We decided to have a little snack of cheese and wine while we opened our gifts to each other, and go out for dinner later in the evening.

Charles kept saying that he hoped I would like what he got me...but didn't feel he had got me enough! He had given me some new rose bushes before we left home and he had just the one small gift bag for me to open now! I didn't have a lot for him either...

SO...here we are with our gifts... Yes! I like the book! James Patterson is a favorite of mine! Hey- a kind of sexy sounding title there! But I can handle it! ;)

He was surprised with the fun gifts I gave him... LOL- The gator stepping stones for the garden are cool! The 'throw' is for his TV watching at night... And that HAT!! Very spiffy, don't you think! He looks like...well, Panama Jack... or maybe that old man from Key West! :) You know who I mean...the writer... Ernest Hemingway!
( now- this memory/connection has given me the desire to read some Hemingway novels again!)

As I was about to fold the bags away and tidy up things he said, "I think there's something else in that bag." :) He's sneaky! Look what else he had for me - another diamond ring! In the one pic I am saying, "I need more fingers!" ;)

























































Some Pics from the dock and walking around town:

(Click to enlarge)


































OK- That's it! :)

(...but I missed the sunset! )



Junie

( Ginga)

Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to ya'll!

I like the picture of you on the dock. That shade of pink and spring green really becomes you!

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you had a great time!

I love your rings!!! How pretty!!
The hat looks great!! Wonderful pictures!!

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Donna said...

LOLOL...the quickie...indeedy..LOL...And I'm lovin All the jewels Miz Junie!! Wonderful guy you got there...a keeper for sure! Glad you're So happy!! Happy night to you!!hughugs

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Ya-Ya girl! :)

I like those spring colors too!

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Rachel,

Thanks!

Yes we DID have a good time!

Junie

 
At 8:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Donna,

:) yes, he's a good guy- and we've been together, forever- so I guess we'll hang in there till the end! Can't imagine anything different!



Hugs)))

Junie

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think I said it already, but congratulations to you. You look like a happy couple.

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, AC,

We have fun!

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Looks like it was a wonderful celebration and I can see the happiness on both your faces!
Love your rings!
hugs

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Susie,

Yep, we had fun!


Junie

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Ain't love grand!! The pair of you are just TOO cute! LOVE the pictures!! :)

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Lovely, Junie! It makes me happy to see pics of the two of you enjoying your anniversary and each other's gifts.

My 1st anniversary is coming up on May 24th! Will Scott and I make it another 46 years??? ;)

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

47 years - WOW!
You guys look so happy.
I see that Charles has been a "keeper"
I love the hat - yes Ernest Hemingway - especially with his white beard.
Your rings are gorgeous!
Here's a toast to another 47!

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Charles, dear Junie!! I want to ask Charles something...after 47 years of being married, who deserves the medal...you or Junie???? hehe You two look so happy and just wonderful!!!! I so enjoyed enlarging all the photos and admiring all the gifts...and look at you with those gorgeous rings!! Congratulations to both of you:-)

Hmmm..."The Quickie" eh? Sounds quite interesting! LOL xoxo

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

Thanks! lol- but -cute?? Not so sure about that! haha


Junie

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Skye,

I'm glad you enjoyed our pictures!

I guess 47 years DOES seem like a long time...well, it is , of course-

Anyway, hope you and Scott enjoy your day and have many, many more years together!


Junie

 
At 9:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Carletta,

:) we do enjoy our life together.


Junie

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

LOL- Charles and I might not agree as to which of us deserves the medal!!

JUNIE

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home