Junie's Place: We're baaack...

Sunday, April 27, 2008

We're baaack...




...OK- We didn't end up staying where I thought we would! Truth is- I had my little Florida towns confused and what I was remembering - after we drove up to Steinhatchee- I realized didn't fit the town but another town we had visited in the past 2-3 years.

I was confused because both the little towns I was remembering were on the coast- and we had been to both of them a couple times.

Nonetheless-it was an enjoyable little jog up there ...and we saw some interesting stuff...just that it didn't take us that long to look at it. ;)
We realized this wasn't where we wanted to be for the next couple days! We spent a couple hours driving around and then decided to go somewhere else...

but where...


Here are a few 'kinda cool' pics I got in Steinhatchee...

... A rustic little house

...Some Pelicans and Sea Gulls

...some boats - high and dry

...and Charles couldn't resist standing by this Air boat that was for sale

...I'm surprised he didn't want to pose next to this shapely little mermaid! :)
Probably wanted to but didn't want to upset me on our anniversary by flirting with another woman! :)





































...OK- where to go ?...


This sign was no help at all!











We decided to go south to Cedar Key... Read about Cedar Key by clicking the link above!

It's a very old and interesting town...fascinating history!


This turned out to be one of our more enjoyable excursions. We both loved exploring this interesting place...so much so- we have plans to go back on Memorial Day weekend- and our girls and families have made reservations to go also! :)

I want to share some pics but not too many - as I want some things to remain a surprise for the kids! :)


This is the motel where we stayed...It's 'Old Florida' and very charming...and, perhaps best of all, has it's own private dock that extends out into the gulf.

..This is where I hoped to view the sunset-alas- it didn't happen!

The sun set far to our right of where we could look across the water... but I didn't fret... just enjoyed what I DID get to see and do! We'll have many sunsets yet to come!

This is all I got!








I'll show a few pics of the motel and flowers in it's landscaping and leave the rest for the next post!





























































More tomorrow~


Love,
Junie


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:24 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Cool pics!! ec

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Yay, you're back! And what a beautiful place to stay...

I had to laugh at that unhelpful sign! :)

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Don't worry about not remembering Miz Junie...shhhh... don't tell anyone, but one year, my hubby and I wanted to see Salem....you know, witches..etc...we ended up in the Carolinas instead of Mass....GEEZ...talk about a good laugh we had!!hughugs

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi ec<

Thanks for coming by and I'm glad you like the pictures- so far!! :)


Junie

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

:) we had a lot of fun...I like going places and just sort of making the plan up as we go along! :) We enjoyed it all!


Junie

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Donna,

Me? Worry? lol- We had fun and that's what our plan was -

:) Did you ever make it to Salem?

Now-THATS a place I'd like to visit!

Hugs))
Junie

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Such beautiful pictures! Glad you both had a great time. I know someone in Cedar Key, but haven't been there. It's funny actually, Ms. Donna mentioning Salem/Witches; that particular person who lives in CK has written a book (or two) about that!!

Welcome back!!

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

:) That's very interesting info- I'd be interested in knowing about these books-and this writer. I like to read those kind of things!

I was very intrigued with Cedar Key , as you may have gathered by now! hahaha


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home