Junie's Place: April 1st. ...continued...

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April 1st. ...continued...

Charles spent a lot of his day fooling around with those HEAVY wheels and got them standing upright the way he wants them.

What he had to do was dig a hole for each one about 3 ft deep. They have this long metal piece welded to them to keep them in place. So he had to get them in line with the tractor and get them standing on the rim and roll the shaft into the hole- just so! It was quite a task- very hard work and it looked very dangerous to me!

I asked him when I went out there if he was doing ok! He says, "Yes- this ain't my first big job!" Then added, "But it might be my last!"

There's no stopping him from taking on these kind of things and I gave up trying a long time ago!

( This was a job for 3 big , strong, men - not one
73 year old one! )

Here you see the wheels standing up in place, tho they still have to be cemented around them!
The 2 in the center are the bigger ones. The others will need some rods welded on before he can get them permanently standing!




















To the right is the wildflower meadow and the left is our east-side yard. Way back (north end of our property) is our small rental house - not rented at this time!

Lol- Anyone need to rent a small cottage for the summer? :)

~~~

At the end of the day we went out for dinner. We decided on Applebees! We both enjoyed it!

Here are the old folks of the farm, late today as we were starting out.












~~~

Sunday we will be celebrating with the kids so Charlie is waiting to open my gifts with the others!



As birthdays go, this one was not spectacular but ok, I think!

Charles has made the statement tonight that he thinks he might not make it another 73 years! :) He's SOOO pessimistic sometimes!! :)

I think we both need to catch up on our sleep- I know I do - and plan to do just that real soon.
(With the help of my Ambein tonight)



Good nite, all,

Junie


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:25 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well he must be as healthy as a horse and as strong as on ox. This guy who's 13 years younger could not have done it.

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)


Charles has always been a hard worker-and will tackle any job- whatever it is!

He does well for a man his age!


Junie

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Goodness that looks like a lot of Hard work!!! But it looks so nice...sure wish I was there...would love to rent that cottage!lol...Have a wonderful day sweetie!!hugs

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Happy Birthday Charles!! Yes, he is very spry for a man of 73! And would you want it any other way?? That shirt looks nice on him, too, the one for the birthday dinner. That's a good color on him.

The big wheels look really great, all lined up there, too!

And also, I'd love to rent your cottage for the summer!! Can't imagine that happening, though. Besides, you would probably still hear all our noise, even from that far away!! :)

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting,

Donna

and Skye!


We had a very nice dinner out for his birthday.


Junie

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Happy Birthday to Charles. It looks as though he has things on a 'roll'. Those wider wheels came off of something that was either real heavy or a wagon that would haul a heavy load. The narrow ones look just like the ones we have around here that came off of drills and rakes and light wagons and the sort.

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Cliff,

I passed on all the birthday greetings! My goodness- my husband is very popular these days! :)


Yes- He figured the wide- heavy wheels might be from road grading equipment- or to haul something heavy.

I like the looks of them....very country!

Junie

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Me! Me! Me! I want to go live in your little cottage!!!! lol I WISH! I just love the way Charles has placed those wheels...aren't men just soooo stubborn?? Hopefully he won't be hurting for weeks because of all that hard work he did setting them up. MEN! lol Glad you both enjoyed dinner at Applebees...I haven't been there in ages but I do remember the food being very good. Charles makes a very handsome 73 year old:-) xox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home