Junie's Place: Poem ~ My Meadow Walk

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Poem ~ My Meadow Walk



My Meadow Walk


Today I took a meadow walk
and to my great delight,
I saw the Pinks are blooming!
It happened overnight!

The first blooms come in early spring,
to soon be joined by more;
a fragrant flower blanket
like none you’ve seen before!

Those meadow blooms, in shades of pink,
so delicate of hue-
years ago they won my heart-
became my favorite view!

I can see this from my window-
this glorious display!
But, best to walk among the flowers,
and pick a small bouquet!


June Kellum
2005

~~~


( Another re-run of my springtime meadow poem )





Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yay! That's a fine and meaningful way to express yourself.

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, AC!

...But...just think how much better my poems could be if I wasn't always 'sleep deprived!' :)


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home