Junie's Place: Facing the day ( MUSIC update at bottom )

Friday, March 28, 2008

Facing the day ( MUSIC update at bottom )


UPDATE at bottom of page! Something very nice for you! :)

~~~

(Morning)

......Today will be another one of those long ones, as I have been awake since 4:30 and up since 5:00 AM. Yep-another one of those nights that yielded me only 4 hours of sleep - if that! This is getting downright ridiculous!!

And I have to get ready to go out for a bit of shopping. April 1st. is my husband's birthday. I have no idea what to get him! He's a man who has everything he wants already...at least of the things I could afford to buy him! Something will come up. It always works out!
(Books are always good...but our house is overrun with books already!)

I COULD call those concert tickets I plan to buy tomorrow his birthday gift! Only problem with that is I don't think he's really too keen on this show anyway ... and he might not consider this as a suitable gift! :)

At least (about the Knopfler concert) he didn't put his foot down on my idea of getting tickets!
However-I DID say I'd pay for them out of my household $$$!

LOL- We might be eating skimpier meals for awhile - which won't hurt us at all! :) Might help, you say? Well, I agree! :)
( This is like 'Killing 2 birds with one stone!' )

...just some foggy musings from my sleep deprived brain...


Later!


Junie

~~~

OK ~ Here it is late afternoon and I've done my shopping~ found a few little things for Charles, so all is well.

The drive over and the return trip too, were relaxing and quite enjoyable. I played this music as I traveled.





This is
'L J Plays the Beatles' ~ Laurence Juber's Solo Guitar Arrangements of Beatle Songs!
There are 14 songs on this cd and all just beautiful!

Laurence Juber was Guitarist with Paul McCartney's 'Wings' band!

Because of his Beatles connection, L J has been a guest performer at the 'Fest For Beatles' in the past. He is a scheduled guest this time, also!

This Fest is held every year in NY Metro Area-also Chicago and Las Vegas. The fest starts tonight in the NY area location, and runs through Sunday.

~~~

I suppose thoughts of this Fest and of several friends from the music forum I post on who I know will be there, made it the natural thing to choose this CD to listen to on my outing today!

(But I'm glad I did!)

Laurence Juber is a fantastic guitar man! This CD is excellent!


This is one song that he performs on this CD
(tho this is not taken from the CD)


Enjoy!





Junie





Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Hi Junie,
Thanks for your visit.
Mu husband is also hard to buy for - what he needs he goes and gets. I get him a card and fix him dinner!
Get some rest.

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I sure hope you manage to get some good nights sleep Junie.

I'm sure you'll come up with some clever idea of a gift!

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks
Rachel
and
Carletta,

I plan to try for some sleep soon.

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie. Im sure you will come up with something appropriate for Charles,,The older we get the harder it becomes to buy for..
Hope you get some good rest soon

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hmmmmmmmmm, April 1st is our DAUGHTER's birthday too.

Hope you're getting some much needed rest. I've had so many nights like that too.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Time for a sleep study young lady. Good for you finding the gifts.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Cliff,

Had a good 7 hours of sleep last night! It just comes and goes- this sleep problem I have- so , hopefully, I'm in for a better 'patch' now! :) Hope so anyway.

Junie

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting,


Anni

and

Jeanette.

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I hope you get lots of sleep this weekend.
I'd be like the walking dead on only four hours of sleep.

I'm sure Charles will like whatever you got for him.
Even if it's a card that says FREE BACK RUB on a coupon inside.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home