Junie's Place: Moving right along... (Post #2 of today)

Friday, July 25, 2008

Moving right along... (Post #2 of today)

(Sky Watch Friday! below this post!)


Moving right along in preparations for the trip next week...

Well-I did get out shopping today but didn't find a lot of stuff that just grabbed me! Got one new shirt- 3 tank tops (these I like to wear under big shirts ) and I got one pair of cotton pants ; :) all on sale and all cotton-all very casual items! I also got a new, shoulder strap, purse! Oh, and A pair of house slippers at 70% off- making them cost $4.50!!
(Love it!! :) )




Check out my 2 pr. of green canvas sandals! :) I have been needing to replace my old green ones- and I was lucky to find 2 pair in my size today! I've mentioned before my fondness (obsession??) with these particular shoes ...and my practice of buying them whenever I get the chance- preferably when they are on sale! LOL- However-at times I have paid the full price of $14.99!!! I have them in several colors! :)

WELL!! They're comfortable!!

Anyway , the lady who checked me out today did a , sort of, double take when she opened the second box to check the shoes and saw that they were the same color as the ones in the other box! I explained that I buy these shoes all the time...and that it's not always easy to find my size, so when I get the chance I stock up on them! :) She asked if I had them in other colors-and of course I pointed out the BLUE ones on my feet !! :)

LOL- She's probably talking with her husband about her work day of dealing with eccentric old ladies ~ even as I'm typing this! :) Good if I made her smile!

~~~


K- It was a VERY HOT day here today and by the time I got home from my shopping excursion I was pretty well knocked out for the day!

If my guys are expecting supper tonight they will be out of luck! There's always soup or a can of Ravioli- or a balogna sandwich! Anything that I don't have to cook tonight sounds fine to me!

Riding over and back I played my newest Mark Knopfler cd! I like the sound of this , more and more!

Last night I was looking for Youtubes of the current concert tour and find there are several vids posted! This guy is such a talented singer and guitarist!! I know I will enjoy that show next week and I hope C. will too! (But if not I will just double up on my own pleasure of the music so's we don't lose $$$ on the deal-haha)

This video is from his most recent album!



More vids tonight for me! :)





Love,


Junie Rose




Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Blogger Eve said...

Great finds! Isn't he just so good? I'm glad you had fun.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Sounds like you're getting closer to being ready for your Alabama trip. Seems like there's always so much to do before you can actually leave. Isn't it fun when you can find your favorite shoes in your size! You're smart to stock up now!
xo

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Eve,

Yep!! He sure is good!! The more I play of him the more I like him!

 
At 12:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Susie,

Yes- am getting on with the plans etc. I'm really looking forward to getting away-and especially the music show! :) yes, and was glad to pick up those shoes too and ON SALE! :)


Junie

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

I knew those green shoes looked familiar! :)
Looks like you got some great deals.
That tank matches the shoes perfectly.

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Trip? Where are you going? All the new clothes and shoes?------Oh my, you're MY KINDA GAL!!! [and really, who cares what the cashier thinks about two of the same pair? I probably would have said "Oh, the 2nd pair is for my hubby". LOL]

Have a good one.

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks, Anni.

haha- I kinda enjoy the freedom in getting older...seems easier to NOT WORRY about what folks think!



Junie

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I love that color green and all your new purchases. I have a pair of shoes just like those in beige and they are so comfortable. I have never seen them in other colors and don't remember where I got mine. I know you are looking forward to your trip!

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Judy,

Thanks for stopping by.

Yes, those shoes are very comfortable, and if I like something I stick with it.

Being out here in the country, and not having a proper lawn, I need to replace them often in order to have decent looking shoes for wearing out in public!

Oh yes! We will enjoy the trip, I'm sure.

Have a good week end.


Junie

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL


Hi Carletta.


Yah- those shoes are becoming my trademark!:)

Also- green is my favorite color, so these green ones always seem to be worn more often than any other color I have.

Have a good day, Carletta.


Junie

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger b13 said...

Oh, yes! Long Island has some wonderful vineyards all along both the north and south shore throughout the forks. One of my favorites is Duckwalk Vineyards near Bridge Hampton.

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for the info, B13.

:) I think of Long Island as all CITY! I have never been there.

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Sally said...

hahahaha That was the first thing I noticed - two pair of green!! Well, good for you on finding them, now y'all have a wonderful trip!!!!

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks, Sally!

Yes! I'm all set with my 2 pairs of green shoes!! haha


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home