Junie's Place: Reunion and Country scenes! Post #7

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reunion and Country scenes! Post #7
























We didn't spend much time riding around but we did get out to the old home place at Mud Bottom ~ and also to the place where the little log cotton shed still stands!
( but just barely)

Charlie has a story about this cotton shed.

Read the story here


In the past I had fantasies of us buying this shed. dismantling and moving it and rebuilding it- log for log- on our place here in Florida. But on close examination of it this year we can see it's too far gone for that...even if it could be bought!

AHHH- but I will keep taking a picture as long as it stands...and probably after it falls into a heap !

~~~

We also went to the Mud Bottom home place. This is the barn that was there when Charles was a kid but in his day it was not painted!

There's a new house on the property and the old barn is still in use as far as we could tell.

These are the fields Charlie's family farmed. This year the crop is soy beans. Last year it was cotton!















Oh, my! I guess I will have to finish up later with my People Pictures at the reunion!

(Just a few more ~ I promise!) ;)






Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh my, more great pictures, Junie. I know just what you mean about the shed - it about broke my heart when my grandmother's house started crumbling, and then eventually my cousin hauled it away.

Hope you're all having a great family day!!

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger dot said...

Beautiful old barn and other pictures too. Now I'm going to read the story.

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for coming by,


Sally

and

Dot!

Lol- As you can tell I love country things...


Hate to think all this old stuff- the old barns and buildings- will all be gone in the not too distant future! :(


Junie

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

This would have been wonderful to have.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home