Junie's Place: Something nice (and a poem)

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Something nice (and a poem)

Sally, at Whispering Hope, made this special button to give to her friends to celebrate her 200th. post!

Isn't it pretty! :)

I am proud to post it here and so happy to have found Sally's blog. She's one lady I visit each and every day, just to see what's going on in her world! :) It's often something FUN and goodness knows we all need a lot of that in our lives!

Thanks, Sally, for all the fun you share!

~~I spent hours trying to figure out how to put this on my side bar but to no avail! :( Will have to have some help from my Alli!
(Hey-Gimmee a break-I'm old! lol- That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!!)~~



~~~



I got these words in an email, along with a flower to send along... Well, the flower part was nice but the words are what impressed me more. I just want to share them.

Speaking for myself - I know at times I have lost focus on
what and who are most important in my life. Being of a dramatic nature, I tend, at times, to puff things up into larger than life proportions, in my ever going quest for fulfillment and pleasure! And, once started on any endeavor, or relationship, or whatever- I have trouble letting it go...I suppose this, in part, is because I hate to admit I made a wrong turn or decision - and also - changes are hard for me!

I sometimes find myself needing to step back and take stock of who and what are of #1 importance in my life!


~~~

(The words from the email)

"There comes a point in your life when you realize:
who matters, who never did,
who won't anymore and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."


~~~


:) Sorry to be posting in riddles today but it's just one of those times for me...pondering my life and all that stuff! Changes have been hard for me, and there have been many recently...



A poem I wrote in 2003:




Tomorrow


Tomorrow brings a brighter day.
I’ll make it so!
I’ll put the pain - the hurt - away.
No one will ever know.

I’ll hide the tears,
and in their place will be a smile.
No one will guess my heart is breaking,
all the while.

And if I do this long enough
from day to day,
in time, the pain I’m feeling now
might, truly, go away!

…So, if wayward tears should fall,
please just pretend
you never saw the teardrops.
Please, be a friend.

I’ll toast tomorrow,
with my glass held high!
With new resolve,
I’ll give it my best try!


June Kellum
Nov. 2003






Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 3:06 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Dearest Junie,

I just finished making some dill pickles so it's now time for a break and what better way to relax than visiting my favourite blogging friends:-)

That is such a lovely button that Sally made for her readers. Isn't it wonderful the friendships made through our blogging!!

I love the words to that email you received...we truly do need to focus on the people who mean the most to us. I especially love the sentence "don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future"!!!

Also love the poem you had written. Such poignant words and written from the heart. xoxo

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes, I truly enjoy my blog buddies and all the special things we do for each other to show our friendships.

That few lines in the email just touched me and made me think about things! And that line you mention is what was most meaningful to me, also.

I'm glad you like the poem. I wrote that after my mom's death and I'm sure that was part of the feelings that brought those words on and that came out in the poem.

Hugs))

Junie

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Eve said...

What a great poem you wrote! I would love to hear more of your poems.

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

So many wonderful words in your post today Junie.
The email words make you stop and 'take stock' of what's important. Very thought provoking.
I loved your poem but I think sometimes we need to let that heartbreak show and be uplifed by those around us.
Lovely post Junie.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Eve,

Thanks! You can check out my poem site on the side bar- also I have other poems scattered throughout this blog (click on label at bottom of this post-or go through the search bar at top left of this page.

I'm glad you enjoy poems as a lot of people don't care at all for poetry.


Junie

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Carletta,

I'm happy you read and enjoyed the post'


Junie

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger dot said...

Nice poem and such a pretty picture at the end!

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

I too have trouble getting anything on my sidebar - or anywhere. That is except words. :) great sunset photo! ec

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ Good post with your sad
poem and the lovely sunrise. I got
that same e mail and it does make us think of what and who are important.
Thanks for your visit and I am glad you enjoyed the 54 year old who had
the makeover. As you say, it sure puts us off any self improvement.
The best and cheapest improvement is a smile. Take care, my friend,
Love, Merle.

 
At 2:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,


Dot


I'm glad you like the poem-and sunrise pic!


:) The pic is better than the poem!!



Junie

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi EC,


...but your words are all that's necessary to keep folks coming back to your site! :)


Junie

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,


Thanks for your nice comments!

Yes- we must keep smiling! I try to! :)


Love,


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home