Junie's Place: Busy weekend...and much more!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busy weekend...and much more!




It was a busy weekend just past - and - SO MUCH MORE! haha

~~~


On Friday we were expecting 2 young men to come for a visit of a couple of days/nights! It was my great nephew and a friend of his. They live in Ky and were driving down for the college football game between UF, Gators and KY. Jake's dad had bought him tickets, as Jake is a long time, very loyal, fan of the Gators. The other young man was a KY fan!!

(our nephew, Jake, is on the left)








As it turned out, they decided to go back to Gainesville ( after visiting with us for a few hours) and stay with some friends there; hanging out for the 'Gator Growl' celebrations on Friday night! :) I'm sure that was more fun than hanging out with us here at the farm!

They returned here for the night after the game-late on Saturday!

Oh! Jake was real happy with the outcome ! The Gators won that game...63 to 5!! :)

What a game that was!

I got caught up in watching the game here, and had to keep reporting to Charles as the scores kept rising-higher and higher!

Charles couldn't sit down and watch the game because he had a man working on a project we have going...

This renovation project is something we have wanted and needed to have done for a long time. Charles finally found someone who said he could do the job we wanted but it would have to be between other jobs he had going. OK- When he finally had the time, we had to go with it!




The job is replacing the woodwork - AND our front double doors and sidelight windows! They had needed replacing for a long time. Also we decided to enlarge the entrance in the foyer about 2-1/2 feet, by moving the whole door/window unit out. It involves a lot of work...ceiling-floor-lighting... a much bigger job than we first thought! Oh! I can't really explain it well but I will show pics when the job is completed!

(this pic shows the outer doors in place and the original doors still up also, so you can't really see much of how it will look finished!)

It will be sooo much nicer! I can't wait to have it finished and be able to decorate the new doors and larger entrance for Christmas!!



Can't do much decorating for Halloween- with all the dust and clutter with this project! About all I did was this display in the front yard! Here I am with my 'Fall Guy!'










~~~

Well, as you all must know, the political race (and all the baggage that goes with it) has my poor old head in a spin!

lol - But even as 'uninformed' as I (apparently) am, I, nonetheless, have a huge interest in the outcome of this presidential election.

All any of us can do is analyze all the facts that are put out there and try to pick the candidates more in line with our beliefs! I have tried to do that but it's not that easy when so many of the 'Facts' are hidden!

We won't have long to wait now, to see in which direction our country will go! I hope we will not regret the way this election, ultimately, ends.

I'm afraid we might - but that's just me!
(lol-and what do I know,
right !!)

This is NOT to rub anyone the wrong way-but as a conservative voter I feel I have the RIGHT to express my opinions on my blog, just as anyone else has the same rights!

I have not been insulting to anyone in any of my posts...however it has been mentioned that I have been!

All I can say to that is "Oh, well!" I won't apologize for my heart-felt beliefs!

I hope to keep the friends I have made here in the blogging world, whatever your politics are. Maybe after this election is over things will calm down. I sure hope so!

...Because ... hey... I DO like blogging ~ a lot! ;)


Junie




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger Sally said...

GO GATORS!!! Oh my, Junie, I used to be so INTO those games and parties. Good old days.

Your home is so nice, and I'm glad you're able to have things done.

Yeah, the election I've noticed sure is a sore subject for some but you're right, we're all entitled to our opinions and there are wayyyyyy too many questions left unanswered by the one we're NOT voting for. :) We're just gonna have to roll with the punches and hope for the best.

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've always said...It's YOUR blog and you can say what you want on it:-) We're all entitled to our own opinions and if someone doesn't like them...tough! hehe It certainly will be interesting to see what happens on election day. I don't live in the States, but I'm even fed up with hearing all the election ads, as well as it being all over the news all the time.

Love the new doors you've had put in...hopefully all the work will be finished up soon.

Oh Junie, your Halloween display is so delightful! I finally got my bales of hay today so tomorrow if it doesn't rain, I'll be able to work on my own display! xoxo

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We have snow, so it looks more like Christmas than Halloween here.

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Hey, I just had to tell you; I had a call a while ago from Michelle; the other day it was Hillary. Now, this really ticks me off since I'm on the "do not call registry". hahaha

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) Lol- so how is Michelle?
( happier than Hillary, I bet!)

WOW-Sally-they must really NEED your vote...maybe they think you have a lot of influence over all your friends, too! ;)

It seems that being on that 'Do Not Call' list doesn't do any good!

Junie

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

Ahhh yes! My guys are BIG football fans- pro and college! And of course-UF Gators are their favorite college team! I'm not so much into watching but DO get interested if our team is playing a good game!

As for the election...there's more and more unanswered questions coming up...and time running out...and NO ONE seems to care what comes up now... ( well- some of us do- but it doesn't matter!) As you say we'll just have to roll with the punches... We are in for some bad changes in our country if it goes the way it looks like it will!
( as Biden would say,"Mark my words!" )

Still construction stuff going on here with the front door/Foyer project. A much bigger mess than I expected but it will be nice when it's finished!

I'm looking forward to having it all pretty for the holidays!


Junie

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Pea,

It would be great if we could all, always agree but we humans are not designed that way.

I'm not one to go putting ppl down for their beliefs-however different they are from mine...but I really don't like to be 'talked down to' on my own blog...and I will respond back in the same tone in which I've been berated! I don't feel that anyone is in a better position to make up MY mind for me about politics- or anything else- than I AM, myself! LOL_if that makes sense!

I wish unpleasant things never happened - unfortunately, they sometimes do!

Yes-I'm ready for this election to be over- whatever the outcome is!
It has SOOO divided the country!!

I'm pleased with the project we have going but it's turned out to be bigger than we thought it would be. It will be nice when finished.

I had to forget about Halloween decorating- except for the yard display- because of the mess here!
(I miss my scary guys! :( )


Hope you got your yard display up!!

I'll check, of course! :)


Junie

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

You guys up there always rush the seasons!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home