Junie's Place: It's Coming on Christmas~for my family!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Coming on Christmas~for my family!





Yesterday I finished decorating my tree - finally. I have decided I won't do much more with my decorating. I usually do all my rooms downstairs but just can't make it this time.

You do what you can...and I have to face the limitations of what's possible and what's not, these days. This time has been especially hard for me to accomplish all I had wished I could!

Anyway, I have done enough to make it look MERRY around here.

I had planned to shop today but it's a rainy day and I am going to put it off at least until tomorrow. I have not yet bought a single gift and this is something new this time too! I usually have piles of gifts by this date!

Oh well, I'll get there somehow. It is what it is! I'll do my best.

OK- I didn't intend this to be a gloomy post...and it really isn't. I am very happy with my tree. I always feel good to see all our old familiar ornaments, displayed together again. We have 47 years of memories hanging on that tree!







































































































Here are a couple of my Santas who have made the scene! Not sure how many others will come around this time!




I bet a few more will show up! ;)


Love,
Ginga

(Junie Rose)

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:37 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Actually, you're doing well. Ours is a two-foot fibre optic tree.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

I think you and Cuppa are the smart ones!

Junie

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, your tree is absolutely beautiful!! So many treasured ornaments on it and I enjoyed being able to see many of them close up. It shows it's a tree with lots of love put into it:-)

You're right, we can only do what we can where decorating is concerned...just because we may put less decorations around the house doesn't mean Christmas won't be there:-) It's having the family around you that makes it Christmas!! xoxo

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Junie,
Your tree is marvelous! That took a lot of work, I can tell. No wonder you've got no gumption left to do any more decorating. The ornaments are wonderful. I love that short, chubby Santa. He's so cute.
Since you are late getting gifts, you can always get gift certificates to restaurants and stores that you know certain family members like. Even movie theaters have gift certificates. Also, a bookstore is a great place to get gifts since you can find books that appeal to each family member.
Some things your family can count on during the holidays are lots of your special Magic Cookie Bars and lots of hugs and love from Ginga.
Enjoy the season and don't stress out over small things that don't really matter very much.
:-)

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh Junie....I just love your tree and I love looking at your dear ornaments. You know I totally understand what you mean about putting EVERYTHING out. Even though I managed to do it this year (because everyone was coming in town)...it is so much work...and just knocks me out. I don't know how many years I'll be able to do it. Maybe some...maybe not. You're right...you do what you can...when you can. Happy Holidays with your wonderful family Junie...Love to you all.... ~Joy

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ladies!

( I appreciate all of you, more than I can say!)

Love,

Junie

 
At 11:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junie I'm one of the people that age is stepping on now so not even half of my holiday trimmings are out on display. I too felt sad about that but I think it is a good thing because it is time to pass some of those things on. I love the close up pictures of your ornaments. Have a Merry Christmas Junie and may the New Year be even better for you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home