Junie's Place: BIG Full Moon

Saturday, December 13, 2008

BIG Full Moon


Did you happen to look up into the night sky last night?

If not you missed a most spectacular sight!

As we were just leaving home for dinner out last night, my eyes were drawn to this huge orange/gold ball in the north-east!

Charles and I were awe struck with this sight as we drove away from home and, so, we pulled the car over and stopped to get some pictures!

We agreed we had never seen the moon bigger or brighter than the one we were gazing at, at that moment!

Charles remarked that if they wanted to send a man to the moon again, NOW would be the time to do it...as it would be a straight shot ...and a short trip, since the moon seemed to be no more than a hundred miles out there in the sky! ( haha! I know- We're very silly, aren't we!! )

Anyway, we realized that this night of moon gazing was different! I had not read about WHY it was to be such a special night of moon watching, beforehand.... but today I read this!


So!! My goodness!

No wonder we were so taken with that sight!!


Here are some pics I took - which, of course, do not come near to capturing the majestic beauty in that moon scene we saw last night!





































:)

OK...
This Beatles song came to mind today as I was looking at these pictures!

Perhaps to the Beatles' credit - they did not write this song. It was written by Roy Lee Johnson.

This song was recorded by others, however the Beatles' version remains the most well known!

I don't know ANY Beatles fan who claims this as a favorite Beatles song...but I like it - well, I kinda do! ;)

Enjoy!






Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love your music player on your sidebar and the songs that you have chosen.

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Sally said...

I missed it, Junie, so I'm very happy you took pictures!! Hope you're having a really good weekend. (HUGS)

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Fred said...

We actually did see the full moon in all its glory Friday night. The Missus and I used the hot tub and also watched its path through the sky over two hours.

We were looking for Jackie Gleason's face on it. :)

I love the song choice.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I missed it but you got some good shots. I remember when the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show for the very first time. I was in high school and a bunch of us were gathered around the t.v. to watch the performance.

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sandy,

Thanks1 Happy you like my music!

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Judy,

Guess I'm a little older than you because I was already a mom of 3 by the time the Beatles made it big in America!

Actually, I never got into the Beatles much until much later (lol- the last 3 years!)

Junie

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sally,

It's a wonder I caught that moon because I had not heard anything about it . By chance we were out...so... I be lucky!! hahaha

Have a good week!

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Fred,

Now THAT sounds like a fine way to be watching that moon! :)

LOL- Maybe Alice??(wife) was up there....wasn't be always saying he'd 'knock her to the moon?'
( LOL-Am I remembering this right...?)


Junie

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Fred said...

Yup...you got it right!

 
At 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your collection. great.

 
At 5:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Beatles Fan,

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you will come again!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home