Junie's Place: Jackson Browne (1~5~'09)

Monday, January 05, 2009

Jackson Browne (1~5~'09)



It was one of those nights for me...when sleep was elusive. I got to sleep earlier than usual but awoke at 5:00 AM ! What!!! It's now just past 6:30 and I see a very long day looming ahead. Oh well- you do what you have to, so I will just follow and see where the day leads!

I have been listening to one of my top favorite singers, ( a favorite of the past 30+ years!) Jackson Browne!

I added another of his songs to my play list ~ " To a Dancer." I have 2 of my favorites of his at the top. If you like them check out some of his others on my list!

I consider J. Browne one of the best singer/songwriters of our times! His
lyrics are often melancholy and with heart-felt emotion and understanding of human relationships and life ~ especially in his early songs. In later years he became more political in his writing!

To be honest, I like his songs of love and relationships (in his early years) more than his later works! (...but that's just me...and probably because his political view is not in line with mine! :) )

But , still... I DO love the music of Jackson Browne!

Jackson Browne was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004. You can read about it here!



Enjoy!


Junie

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Strange: I was up early this morning too. Usually I have trouble getting to sleep.

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

Ha! I went to bed an hour earlier and woke 3 hours earlier! :)


Junie

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Junie, I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I was reading about your day of things happening. Don't you just hate days like that!! So glad you found your cat in the shed though!

I wish you much happiness, health, and prosperity in the new year!!

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Hahaa...If I wake up early, I turn on the transistor radio I have and listen to Coast-to-Coast...And I Love the photo of you in 1972!!! Beautiful!

Happy day sweetie!hughugs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home