Junie's Place: Our Day~ Jan.10, 2009

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our Day~ Jan.10, 2009

We were invited out today to our friends house (Rod & Brenda) for a belated Black eyed peas and greens/New Years good luck meal!


Here we are, as we were about to leave home. We were checking out our Camellias which are just starting to bloom!


~~~

BTW~ In the close-up you will see I am wearing one of the crosses I got from my blog friend, Jamie Dawn! She makes these crosses. I have this red one and a green one and I like them a lot!
She makes them in many colors and has pictures of them on her blog site.
If you haven't seen them, please take a look! PLUS~ She is a fun lady to visit with! (Jamie Dawn!)

~~~

They (Rod and Brenda) had to postpone their traditional New Years meal because Rod was in the hospital at the time. Nothing too serious and he seems to be doing fine now....

Anyway- we figured that we can't have too much reinforcement for good luck in the new year, so we were happy to go out to Hernando to visit them for the afternoon! It's about a 45 minute drive!

These are the folks who have had the Chili Cook-Offs in past years, which I have mentioned a couple times!

They have the neatest place for these gatherings for family and friends!! They have this little cabin, with a front and back porch- fully equipped to cook meals or BBQ or whatever... and with patio areas and covered areas extending from the house, with plenty of tables and built-in counters under a covered area.

All of this is in a pleasing Florida -natural landscape- complete with Spanish Moss hanging from the Oak Trees.

This spot is very peaceful. It's set on the back side of their property away from the house they live in! (I'm guessing they have, maybe, 15 acres...maybe more.)

Every time we're there I find myself wishing we had such a place on our property here in Anthony! :) I'm so greedy!!

The food served was very tasty and Charles and I enjoyed it very much! In addition to the the black eyed Peas, corn bread, and greens- there were other side dishes of a sweet potato casserole and a baked yellow squash casserole...and also a pork roast! Everything was good!


I had fun watching the little kids play together.

Here are a few pics of our day.





















































































Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 9:35 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

looks like a great day. Sometimes it's hard to believe that we live on the same continent.

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

Thanks for visiting!

Yes, it was a fine day!

:) something kind of funny here...I was visiting your blog just as you posted here and I got the message that I had an email! :) HAHA- Are we bot addicted to blogging, or what!!


Junie

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

To AC,

lol- Typo up there!!

bot=BOTH!

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Awww, from your description and pictures it seems a wonderful place to visit. I'm so glad you had a nice time, Junie.

Take care!

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Sally said...

P.S. I LOVE your new header!! Did Alli do that for you? I may need to "hire" her to do one for me. :)

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sally,

Yes, I always enjoy visiting our friends out there!

:) My header...yep- Alli did help me with it...but I ALMOST got it without her help! haha


Junie

 
At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your visit to what sounds like a haven of friendship and food had to be great. It would be wonderful to have a place like that to visit when things start to get to you. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Yea for Jamies crosses June, I gave a few for Christmas presents, everybody loved them.
Beautiful rose on your header.

 
At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Momma,

Yes_ a very nice place to visit out there!

Thanks for coming by and hope you're
getting a start to a happy New Year!

Junie

 
At 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for coming by!

Yes1 I like JD's crosses a lot. I have 2 and gave one to my granddaughter!

Happy you like my header-I have been having fun with my photos!


Junie

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

What a wonderful place they have and I know I would truly enjoy going there too! Would you believe I've never had black eyed peas? It's not something you hear of over here. Now that I've heard, through my blogging friends, that you should always eat some on New Year's Day for good luck, I need to go look if they're available in our grocery stores!! lol Glad you had such a lovely time with your friends:-) xoxo

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

How fun and super yummy!
Thanks for the nice words about my cross necklaces.
That cross looks great on you!
:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home