Junie's Place: 'Gators are No. 1'

Saturday, January 10, 2009

'Gators are No. 1'

My son, Chris, said I HAVE to mention this...

My husband and son are huge Gator fans and I have to say this has been a super season for us here!
There are some happy guys in my world right now! ;)



Fl Gators quarterback, Tim Tebow

(Photo/Mark Humphrey AP)




Gators win BCS National Championship





BCS Championship
Florida 24 ~ Oklahoma 14



'Gators are No. 1' after swamping Oklahoma
Sooners' record offense stymied as Florida wins 2nd national title in 3 years


updated 1:00 a.m. ET, Fri., Jan. 9, 2009


MIAMI - The game defied expectations. Tim Tebow fulfilled them.

He rescued No. 1 Florida, running through and throwing over No. 2 Oklahoma for a 24-14 victory Thursday night that gave the Gators their second BCS championship in three years.

It was hardly a high-wattage matchup of Heisman winners — more a sloppy, choppy affair that the rough-and-tumble Tebow took over at the end.

The style won’t satisfy fans of Utah, Southern California and Texas, who all want to claim the top spot.

No matter to the Gators. They finished far ahead of the Utes in the final Associated Press poll early Friday, receiving 48 of 65 first-place votes.

“I’ll tell you, we’re going to enjoy a big win, we’re going to enjoy the national championship,” coach Urban Meyer said. “Let someone else worry about that. Gators are No. 1.”

Beaten out for the Heisman this season by Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, Tebow outplayed him and was picked the game’s most outstanding player.

“I wanted to do whatever I could to help my team win this game, and if I was trying to run and run some people over, to get the crowd into it, to get the momentum, then that was what I was going to try to do,” Tebow said.








Junie

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Junie: Congrats on a great win for Florida football.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure that it feels very satisfying. Enjoy.

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Yeahhhh for the Gators:-) Always such a good feeling when your team wins such a victory! I don't watch football but my daughter in law Wendy is a real fan, her favourite team being the Miami Dolphins!! xoxo

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh YEAH sister, I hear ya! There was a lot of hootin' and hollerin' in this neck of the woods that night. I "almost" made it to the end; woke up at 3 AM. hahaha

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Congratulations Junie. My Bob loves Florida, too. He was all excited about the big wins.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, All!


GO GATORS!!!


YES!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home