Junie's Place: "Believe It Or Not" ~ St. Augustine, Fl.

Monday, May 04, 2009

"Believe It Or Not" ~ St. Augustine, Fl.

Believe it!

More on our trip!! :)






This place was a lot of fun so I must include a little of it...

Here we are just about to enter...



Once inside, we saw some really amazing things ~ and met some quite unusual folks!

Here are a few of them!


















































This was beautiful!



Revisiting this town brought back a lot of good memories for Charles and me.

We were here with the kids ...when my son was about 12 and the girls 3 and 4 years younger! This was a perfect age for kids to enjoy this town...especially the Old Fort and Old Jail - AND this 'Believe It Or Not' museum! These memories added to our pleasure in seeing it all again!

~~~

Later we exchanged our gifts at our motel before going out for dinner- and had a toast to each other! I made a toast to another 48 years together! :)

Charles gave me this beautiful gold bracelet ...I gave him some things for his new patio project! :) Hey - he loved those strings of lights I gave him...and also the bird feeder! :)



























~~~

We got someone to take a picture of the 2 of us together at the restaurant!



Unfortunately we were disappointed in the restaurant we picked! :( The food was not that great! (hard to know in a place you are unfamiliar with)


Well ~ Charles has promised me dinner at my very favorite restaurant tomorrow night for my birthday!

~~


Red Lobster!!

Yes!!






Junie

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:26 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love eating at Red Lobster too.

Your post makes me want to visit St. Augustine again. I'm sure that so much has changed since I was there last. My kids were all pretty young then, probably ten and under.

You look so short standing next to the tallest man, WOW!

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sandy,

LOL-I'm short standing next to ANYONE!

I'm just 5 ft....I use to be a little bit taller! :) Oh well-I wouldn't mind so much being short if I could get my wt to match my ht. a little better! :)

Junie

 
At 6:49 PM , Anonymous momma said...

Sadly Junie, It is a part of getting older. You seem to sink into the ground as the years race on. But don't feel bad it happens to all of us.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

There's a Ripley's Believe It Or Not in Niagara Falls that we've gone to and I so enjoyed it, it's amazing the stuff in there!! We sat in the tallest man's chair and we looked like babies in it! lol

Loved seeing all the pictures and that's a great shot of the two of you. I'm so glad you had this trip to celebrate your anniversary:-) xoxo

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Momma,

:) Yep- we do shrink! And I wasn't all that tall to begin with! haha

Thanks for visiting me !

Junie

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Pea!

We both enjoyed the little trip-and I especially liked the 'Believe it or Not.' Lots of strange things in there...lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home