Junie's Place: Poem: Tomorrow ( a repeat posting )

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Poem: Tomorrow ( a repeat posting )



Tomorrow


Tomorrow brings a brighter day.
I’ll make it so!
I’ll put the pain - the hurt - away.
No one will ever know.

I’ll hide the tears,
and in their place will be a smile.
No one will guess my heart is breaking,
all the while.

And if I do this long enough
from day to day,
in time, the pain I’m feeling now
might, truly, go away!

…So, if wayward tears should fall,
please just pretend
you never saw the teardrops.
Please, be a friend.

I’ll toast tomorrow,
with my glass held high!
With new resolve,
I’ll give it my best try!


June Kellum
Written ~ Nov. 2003


©2004 June Kellum


Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:11 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ah, Junie, such a beautiful poem you had written...how many of us smile to the world while inside our hearts are breaking!! That picture is breathtaking and every time I see the sun's rays come out from the clouds like that, it always makes me think of God. Hope your weekend is a good one, my friend. xoxo

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for reading, Pea.

That poem, as you see, is not a recent one.

Yes, I'm sure we all have a measure of loneliness and heartache in our lives that spills over from time to time.With me it comes out in writing poems...perhaps not such a good thing because it's always with me after being put into words.
:) I always thought that picture fit the mood of the poem perfectly!

Thanks Dear Pea, for stopping by today.


Hugs))

Junie

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Chubby Chieque said...

A very nice words to dedicate my mother who struggling her health. Although, we knew that she's fine, still worried what might come next.

Thanks for you nice and cheering up words in her site. We, her family really appreciated it.

God Bless and have a happy Sunday.
Lizah(Richie's daughter)

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Lizah,

Thanks for reading my poem and other blogs,

I hope your mom (Richie)is doing well today. I have enjoyed visiting her blog a few times.:) Hope she's well real soon!

Take care and have a good weekend.

Junie

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Beautiful words to go with that image!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Carletta.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home