Junie's Place: Visit with friends!

Friday, April 03, 2009

Visit with friends!

Hello Folks,

We're back from an all day outing to visit an old friend of mine from my early school days. Barb and I have known each other since 5th grade back in Perrine, Fl (So.Dade Co./Miami) We have kept in touch over the years but haven't seen each other very often in recent years.

They live in SC but are usually down for several months each year, living at Zephyrhills and employed with the people who sponsor this antique car show, twice yearly.

Barbara became seriously ill last Oct. after they came down, and required a 7 hr. surgery. She seems to be recovering now but still has some challenges ahead of her. We wish the best for her.

It was good seeing them again. We visited for awhile then we all went out for lunch.
It was good talking of the old days when we were kids and teenagers together-old school friends-teachers- boyfriends! :)

There is something about our youth and school days that make for lasting, fond memories!







Here is our 5th, grade class in 1952 when Barbara and I first became friends.

Can you pick out June and Barbara?


( click on picture to enlarge )


Zephyrhills is more than a 2 hour drive south of us, so it was a long day for Charles and me!

~~~

NOTE:

OH!
You may notice in the picture that I lightened my hair again!
LOL- I didn't like it so dark!

Cliff recently left this comment on my DARK HAIR POST.

"I suppose you know what you call a blonde with her hair colored brunette?
Artificial inteligence."
(haha)


OK-
Yep, I was overwhelmed with trying to deal with the new intelligence I was suddenly burdened with! ;)

...Besides~blondes DO have more fun! ;)


Junie Rose



Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Junie, I'm glad you had a nice visit with your old school friend! I hope she gets better soon and I love your hair, your new intelligence and your new header! :)

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, Mary!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Wonderful to still have your grade school friend sweetie!! And YES, I noticed you lightened your hair again!!Hahaaa...hughugs

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Junie, you are the one in the front row with the sailor dress on. Barbara is much harder to pick out! I'm guessing she's in the row behind you... either one to the right, in the criss-cross dress, or three to the left. Am I right?

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger Skye said...

OR... the one behind you and TWO to the left (our left, not yours). This is too hard!!

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have school pictures that could be swapped fairly easily.

 
At 1:15 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks all , for your comments!

Yep, Skye,
you got me right! I'm that very shy looking girl on the front row-4th from left.

Barbara is in the row behind me - 3rd. from left.

AC<

;) Mine are a little bit earlier than yours, I think!

Donna,

LOL_ yep- didn't like the dark hair!!


Junie

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Hooray! My middle guess was right! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home