Junie's Place: Hair cut! ~~(UPDATE of my day at bottom)

Monday, July 27, 2009

Hair cut! ~~(UPDATE of my day at bottom)

***
**Update of my day at bottom of this post!**


****


Yes!

Finally got my hair cut...although as hair cuts go you might think this is not much of a cut!

True-it's not that short but is short for me ! (one who prefers long hair!) It had just become too much to deal with, long, in this hot, summer weather we have here. Everyday I ended up putting it up with clips to survive-but that gave me bad headaches; sooo...I had no choice but to get some of it cut off!

LOL-BTW- in this pic it may look like I'm crying but I'm actually just squinting in the bright sunshine!! :)

Just wanted you to see my hair- so disregard the squinched up face!
haha




I have a ton of stuff to do around here because we will be leaving Thursday for our annual reunion trip to Alabama. (My husband's family)

We will also see my bro and S-I-L who live up there.

We're looking forward to it even though these trips seem to get harder each year, as we get older! The problem is we never have enough time... Oh well- 'It is what it is' so we make the best of it!

LOL-I will be looking at the sky and old barns...and maybe some flowers and butterflies...and watertowers!! :)

This time, at least, we will not worry so much about leaving the house empty because we'll have folks here looking after our place and animals!

OK- gotta get going...have to color my hair...among a trillion other things-before the end of this day!


Later!


Junie Rose


***
As it turned out I never did get to the coloring of my hair today...or the shopping I need to do either!

Instead I fertilized almost 60 rose bushes!
Ha!! How did that happen? :)

Well, my life is, for the most part, totally unplanned and tho I knew the roses needed attention I had no plan set out to do the job. I just sort of wandered into it today...in spite of more pressing issues! ...Needless to say I'm beat tonight! The way I do it is probably the hardest way. I dissolve the rose food in a big bucket of water and then pour it onto each bush at the base of the plant!....I know... there are sprayers to connect to a hose. That seems much easier but I have never had good experiences with that-so I stick to what I know!

But it's worth the work - ehh??






~~~


Just talked to Alli who has been working on a deal to get me a kitten. Here she is...(hoping it's a girl, anyway...and they think so) If so I will call her 'Lucy!'


I haven't met this kitty yet but Alli says she's a sweetie. I won't get her until after our return from Alabama next week.

**
Very tired tonight so I'm going to bed real soon- with my book and a Melatonin to help me sleep!

Was up, way late, last night checking out some videos of Paul McCartney's current tour. He recently did 3 concerts at Citi Field Stadium, NY. and from what I saw on the vids and heard from friends who saw his shows-McCartney still has the magic! :)

I got caught up in the music and conversations and then I decided to put some 'Paul' songs at the top of my play list again! Consequently, I was very late to bed and sleep!
(As I said earlier- my life-my days and nights- are totally unplanned!)

HA!

NO! I'm not putting a McCartney Youtube on .. :) .. not tonight, anyway) but you can find them easily! (McCartney-Citi Field will bring them up!)


Goodnight!


Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never have know you got a hair cut if you had not posted about it. Have a safe trip.
Abraham Lincoln

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Yes-I know. It doesn't look like a new hair cut-
LOL_I only get about 1 hair cut each year!

Thanks for stopping by again and for your good wishes for our safe trip.


Junie

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh yes, I can certainly tell you got a haircut and I think it looks fabulous on you!! Having long hair, I know how just even cutting off an inch can make a difference! lol I often think of getting mine cut then I chicken out...plus Steve would kill me! hehe You will definitely find it much cooler and easier to take care of:-)

Have a wonderful trip and I look forward to hearing all about it and seeing pictures on your return:-) xoxo

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I think your hair looks great....I need to color mine too, but it will happen, when it happens....lol.

I think "Lucy" is a great name for a kitten.....Have a great trip and don't wear yourself out too much.

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Y'all have fun at the reunion sweetie!! I'm 'gonna love Lucy too!!
If you get a chance, go to my Rant blog and watch the video!!Hahaa...Hubby and I LOVED it!!hughugs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home