Junie's Place: Paynes Pararie

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paynes Pararie



Reference
to comments I got on my last Sky Watch post:


The 2 shots of the wildflowers across the vast open field (in my previous post) were made in Paynes Pararie. I don't know the name of this plant.

This is a swamp area just south of Gainesville, Fl.


I always like to stop there when we have the opportunity, just to observe nature up close! It's an ever changing scene there, from one time to the next. Often we see snakes and alligators and many different kinds of birds - as well as a big assortment of plants and flowers!

This area is strangely beautiful and peaceful to me.
Check out this link to read about it!


~~~

~Some of our own pics, over the past couple years, of Paynes Prairie~


( click on pics to enlarge )





































































I *LOVE* Florida!


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home