Junie's Place: She's on her way...

Friday, August 21, 2009

She's on her way...

She's on her way!



We drove down today to meet Alli and Tina, (at UCF, Orlando) to help them with the big stuff, in getting Alli set up in her dorm room.


UCF is a beautiful college campus (what we saw of it!) and the room she has is very nice; on the 3rd. floor with a pretty view. She will have one room mate-a girl she's only met online, so far. The room mate is moving in tomorrow so it was good Alli could do her move-in today! It will make it easier on them both, I would think!














LOL-Lots of activity with so many students moving-seemingly-all the comforts of home into all those rooms! Classes start Monday so time is short! I was thinking as I watched all those students and parents and some grandparents too - moving all that stuff in- how this same scene was being played out all over the country!
(wondered if other 'Gingas' were feeling sad - like I was)

We left after a couple hours but Tina is staying over to help Alli to finish getting set-up tomorrow.

Here is Alli, last night, saying goodbye to my kitty, Lucy and her brother, Dan!























Love,
Junie Rose

(Ginga)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 10:46 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It sounds as though you were able to hold it together.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Starting a new chapter in her life!! I know she's excited but sad too! Sounds like a nice college.

 
At 12:57 AM , Blogger Annabellesings said...

June, I totally understand what you and especially Tina are going through. It's so hard to leave them and wonder if they are doing ok...eating right, sleeping well, etc. You want to pick up the phone constantly and chat with them but you and your family have raised Alli to be a strong, independent young lady and she's going to thrive in college because of it. It makes the holidays more special too when she comes home...great photos..thanks!

 
At 1:34 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Annabelle,

Thanks so much for stopping by.

I know Alli will be fine...It's just the knowing that things are constantly changing and we can never go back to the old days.:)But those days are ,of course, a long time gone already! you know me well enough to know that my family has been my whole life so changes have always been hard for me.


Hope things are well with you and hope your daughter is doing well away at school also.

btw-are you gonna start a blog? :)


Junie

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Awwwww, sweet little Alli~I wish her much happiness on this new journey of her life. ((hugs))

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Dadgumit Miz Junie!!!Hahaaaa...Where's the damn tissues!!!Hahahaaa...lordy...(((HUG)))

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

My sweet friends, Sally and Donna-

Thanks to you both!

Big hugs))


Junie

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC


AND


RACHEL,

Thanks to you both for all your nice comments.

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Sigh...she's growing up so fast, isn't she! I remember when my niece moved into her dorm last year when she started college, I kept thinking it was much too soon, that she was still a little girl:-) I wish Alli all the very best!! xoxo

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Pea!

Yep- the years have flown by -now ALL my 'grands' are grown!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home