Junie's Place: Happy Birthday Chris

Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Chris

~~~

Tomorrow is my son's birthday...and, though, he likes to keep a 'low profile' as he puts it...still I want to wish him a happy birthday here! :) A 'MOM' will always hold on to some 'MOM' privileges - SO THERE! :)

It makes me sad - looking through my pictures of my 3 babies - because there are so few of them!
In those days I didn't have a good camera and if I had owned one it wouldn't have mattered because I couldn't afford film and developing!
(Oh-I DO have more as they got a bit older but very few the first years!)

Also- of the few pics I wanted to scan these are the only ones that worked at all! I don't get it but they just won't scan!!


OK-This one is my baby boy at 5 weeks!
(I was just barely 18 when Chris was born...almost a year younger than my granddaughter is now! Yikes!)



This is when Chris was almost 2 years!
He always liked his dad's police car! :)


Happy Birthday, Christopher!

Love you,

Mom

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 12:44 AM , Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Happy Birthday Chris... How old is he now? I hope he has a great day and doesn't fret about how old he's getting...lol

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your good wishes.

:) Chris is 50... Yep- we go back a long way-Chris and I- and there's no use fretting about the years, since we can't do anything about it!

I thought it was pretty cool ... the year he was 18 I was TWICE his age!(18-to my 36) lol- but I'm glad I'm not twice his age now! haha

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! :)

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Happy Birthday to Chris! I Love these photos Junie! Look at you! Bet that dress was red with a white collar...and Look at the police car!! Takes me Back Girl!!!hughugs

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Awwww, Happy Birthday to your baby boy, Chris. LOVE the pictures! You were and are still so very beautiful!!

Yeah, you'd be l00 and I'd be 96. OUCH! But, it will be what it will be. :)

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Donna

and

Skye,


Nope- that was a 'little black dress?'

:) I DO mean little too...about a size 7 I think! haha- wish I could wear it today!!

Junie

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Sally said...

No,no I'm wrong. I'd be 88 - WHEW. Gosh, I feel that old anyway lately. hahaha

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Sally!

LOL- our age is just a number and we shouldn't worry about it at all! LOL- In fact we need to see what high numbers we can reach!That was my mom's attitude and she reached #94!

AHHH- but looking at these old pictures sure bring back the feelings I had at the time...I can remember how it felt , holding that little baby boy at that time.
(our future was very uncertain- but we made it!! :) )



Junie

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Happy #50 Chris! I love that photo of you holding him Junie...so sweet. I hope your boy has a wonderful day. Love, Joy

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

A milestone for Chris - Happy Birthday Chris!
Love the photos Junie! The police reminds me of Mayberry. :)

I never connected it before but my son's name is Christopher (Chris) too. My son is almost 30 and yes, time has gone by very quickly and who had time to take a lot of pictures - especially after that second one came along.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Carletta!


HA! So just one more coincidence with us- our sons names! :)

Thanks,
Junie

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

Thanks for coming over and your sweet comments! Pictures really have a way of taking us back to a distant time and place! :)


Hope things are well with you this weekend.


Hugs))

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home