Junie's Place: Mary Travers-R.I.P.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mary Travers-R.I.P.


~~~

Mary Travers of the folk band
'Peter, Paul and Mary'
has died.


Go here


I just heard this sad news about Mary Travers passing. It is not surprising, for she had suffered with her illness for a long time.

...Still-
it's a sad loss for me!

My 'fandom' for Mary - Peter and Paul - reaches all the way back to their beginning.

Folk music-and especially this band- was my favorite when my kids were little...way back in the 60s - of course!

I would play their albums and my kiddies and I would sing along and dance to the music! My little boy especially liked 'Puff The Magic Dragon!'

I was very young and really had no idea about the political overtones of some/most of their songs...I was just having fun with my babies!


Thanks, Mary, for your wonderful gift of music!






Thanks to Youtube
for these videos

60soldies

and

slims86





Junie

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Great music wasn't it Junie...She will be missed...,60's had some Wonderful artist...hughugs

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so remember playing Puff the Magic Dragon often for my boys, we all loved singing along to it. It's so sad to hear that Mary has now passed away but what a legacy she leaves behind. xoxo

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Sad news.

:-(

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Wow, it has taken forever to get this to work. I just wanted to say that I always connect the song, Puff, the Magic Dragon, to my early teaching years. My students loved the song.

Mary will be missed. She was a wonderful entertainer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home