Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday ~ 9~21~'09...A stitch in time...

Monday, September 21, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday ~ 9~21~'09...A stitch in time...

~~~






I saw this spider in my back yard recently! Look at her pretty bright yellow spots! The webs are always intriguing to me...but this one doesn't show up well in this picture!



...except for that zig-zag line down the middle! Looks like someone has taken a darning needle to that web! :)



Reminded me of this!



A stitch in time saves nine.

Meaning:

You use this proverb to say that it is better to spend a little time to deal with problems or act right now than wait. If you wait until late, things will get worse, and it will take much longer to deal with them.

It is often shortened to "A stitch in time." This proverb expresses a similar idea to that of An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.





Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Blogger Stephanie V said...

Cool spider. It's like she's hanging in the air. It's a perfect proverb to say and remember. Wonder why we don't always heed it?

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

What an interesting spider! I like the zig-zag web. I've never seen one like it. I'm not familiar with what sort of spiders you have in Florida. Are there poisonous ones?

 
At 3:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice (though probably not if she bites and is poisonous!) I've never seen a spider with marking quite like that.

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Nice shot!

I played too :)

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger storyteller said...

Very kewl choice ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Small Reflections

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger DeniseinVA said...

What a great choice Junie, amazing little spider.

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mountain Mama,

I don't know this spider (need to look it up!)...but I just keep a safe distance from all of them! I have heard that all spider bites are poisonous to some degree but I'm not sure if that's accurate info! Need to look that up too! :)



Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home