Junie's Place: Today's Flowers ~ Sept 20, 2009

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Today's Flowers ~ Sept 20, 2009

~~~~



***Click here to find other beautiful flowers around the world***


~~~

My flower this time is a' Night Blooming Cereus'

This flower is unique and very beautiful!



It only blooms for one night...usually late night...and by early morning the bloom is over! Sometimes there are several blooms open together...but often only one bloom at a time over a few weeks in summer!
I always cut that single bloom-as I did this time- and bring it in to enjoy until I go to bed- (at a very late hour!)

My Mom loved these flowers-and the plant I now have was hers.
Many times Mom and I would stay up late to enjoy these blooms together - and now that she's no longer with me- this will always be a treasured flower for me!




*Go here to read about this flower!*


Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:35 AM , Blogger Regina said...

Hi Junie. Beautiful endless memory of your mom. The flower is sweet and pretty.

 
At 2:18 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Do I remember this from last year?
It is a lovely bloom made more sweet by your story and the cup. :)

My flower is here: Carletta’s Captures.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carletta,

Yes, I'm sure I posted about this flower last year. ( but probably not on 'Today's Flowers) I'm always excited when they bloom! :)

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Regina,

Thanks for coming by. I'm glad you like the flower.

Junie

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger DeniseinVA said...

What a beautiful connection to your Mom through this lovely plant. I've never seen one before, though I have heard of night blooming flowers. Thanks for sharing it with us Junie and have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home