Junie's Place: Cold day here in our Sunshine state!

Friday, January 08, 2010

Cold day here in our Sunshine state!

~~~

Oh, so cold!

We had another freezing cold night and it has remained cold all day- plus it was drizzling rain for a big part of the day! Snow was even predicted- but that didn't happen! Gloomy weather, for sure!

I've been in the house all day ...was happy not to have anything to do that would require my getting bundled up and going out!

My little Lucy had her appointment with the vet today. I felt sad to send her off with C. on such a day...but I guess a warm and sunny day would have not made much difference to the poor little girl!

I told her it's for the best that she not have babies...and she agreed that, really, her favorite thing to do is to stalk the lizards and birds in the back yard...and squirrels, even! She still gets great joy out of attacking the big boys too. They have grown accustomed to her harassing and jumping on them and just swat her down, good-naturedly , if she gets too far out of line!!

Actually, I guess what she never had will not be missed that much!

She's resting now in her favorite spot in my living room- not fully back to her normal, feisty, self!
When she's up to it I will offer her some dinner.

MY CATS:

You can see the big guys are pretty much OK with Lucy these days...The 3 of them even snuggle up together to sleep on these cold nights!
























~~~

Chili on the menu tonight for the people in the family...just right for this kind of day/night. I've been nibbling all day and am not hungry at all but I probably will be in a couple hours! Chili is better if left to simmer for awhile anyway-IMO!

I hope tomorrow is not quite so cold because we have plans for a trip south to visit relatives for the day. We're going to Winter Haven to the home of my cousin...meeting up there with my sister, Gloria and her husband ( from near Sebring) and her daughter and S-I-L who are out from Ca- and also her daughter from Homestead, Fl. My sis, Joy and her husband who live here in Ocala are going also! Hope it will be a fun day for us all!...We'll leave early in the morning and will return early in the evening.

Have a good night!
Keep warm!


Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:25 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Those boys do look big. Wouldn't want to cross them.

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Steve's sister in law just came back from Florida where they vacationed for a week and they were devastated that it was so cold! lol

Awwwww poor little Lucy having to have THE surgery but no doubt she will be back to her bouncy self in no time:-) Mom had her Tiger done a few months ago.

Loved seeing the pictures of your cats, they're so gorgeous!

Have fun tomorrow and remember to take lots of pictures:-) xoxo

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure Lucy will be fine in a day or two. The picture of her in the tree is wonderful.

Enjoy your trip and your visit.

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ I hope your Lucy is feeling like her old self in a few days. And I do hope that you and the family have a wonderful time together
Nothing nicer than getting together with family is there?

Glad you liked my family pictures. Thanks for your comments and I am glad you liked the jokes.

By all means post any that you like
The Senility Prayer is a good one.
I liked the photo of you and Charles - you both look well.

Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 6:20 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Lucy will bounce back quickly I hope. I need to take Billy in for THE surgery very soon! That might calm his little mean self down some! Heehee!

Your cats are all so pretty!!

I'll bet this cold weather is a real pain for you all when you are not used to it. So many folks go to FL for the winter to escape the cold! I'm so excited thinking about the 40's that we are supposed to have this coming week!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend visiting relatives in the south and that it's warmer!

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Feel better soon, Lucy! :)

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all of you, for your comments.

Lucy is doing fine I think and will be back to giving the big guys a hard time soon! :)


Junie

PS-will visit you all soon- either here or on FB

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home