Junie's Place: An Award

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Award


I was recently given this award by one of my earliest blog friends ~Joy, at "The Joy of Six."

From the start, Joy and I seemed to connect on many levels~
especially in our mutual love of our families and poetry.

I appreciate this, dear Joy, and the fact that you've hung in there with me all this time, reading my rambling - often - irrelevant nonsense-posts! :)

Thank you, Joy, for this award and for your friendship.


The simple rules that come with this award are:


1. When you receive this award, you must thank the person that awarded you in a new post.

2. Name 10 things that make you happy.

3. Pass this award on to 10 other bloggers who make you happy.

Ten things that make me happy:

1. ~My first cup of coffee in the morning~especially if my husband has it made when I get up! :)

2. ~Family gatherings - best when no one is missing~

3.~Roses ~

4.~ watching the birds~

5. ~a special dinner out ~ I love 'Red Lobster'~

6. ~Reminiscing of my mom and my childhood-and also of my kids and 'grands' when they were little. Christmas memories are among my favorites~

7.~ Music ~especially discovering music new to me and sharing with a special friend~

8.~ Blogging! :) Yes!

9.~My Springtime wildflowers in our meadow~

10. ~ Writing poems that come together just the way you want them to! :)
(Sometimes that happens)

I enjoy reading many blogs, a lot of which are not yet on my side bar favorites list. All who visit me here are among my favorites but I will list only a few...

1.~Carletta
~Carletta has a beautiful blog going over at 'Around the Bend.'
She does fantastic photography-a lot of nature shots. Also has two little granddaughters who we have been able to get to know a little, through her stories and pictures.

2.~Pea
~Pea of 'Pea's Corner' is a dear blog friend (doesn't everyone know and love Pea?) She's an interesting and fun loving lady and shows us a lot of fantastic scenery of her life and travels in Canada. Oh! And she's also a loving grandmother to a sweet baby girl!

3.~
Sally at 'Whispering Hope' is a blog lady friend who I enjoy reading and I seldom miss a day of checking her out! She is a lady I admire and like a lot! She's a loving mother, grandmother and great grandmother to a little four year old girl; a very family-involved kind of lady! I like that!

4.~
~Donna at 'Made in Heaven' is one of my newer blog friends. (even so, it's been a couple years, maybe) She posts a lot of pictures and leads an interesting life way out in Texas. Her family-husband,daughter and 'grands'- are often featured in her blog! OH! And Donna and I are on the same page politically! I like that!

5.~
Sandy, 'Abandoned in Pasadena' is a blog friend I like to read often. She's actually in KY! She often writes about her cats and about family events~ Oh, and she writes about riding motorcycles with her husband and other family members! COOL!

6.~
Mary of 'Mommas Corner' is one amazing lady! She's into all kinds of crafts, canning of veggies and fruits, gardening...you name it , she does it!
I admire Mary's sense of humor and especially envy her vitality and energy!
Oh! And she appreciates my music! :)

7.~
Rachel, of 'Sliding Through Life,' is a long time favorite blog friend. I always enjoy Rachel's interesting posts of her daily adventures - she embraces life and shares a lot with her readers and friends.
Rachel=NICE!

8.~
Peter, of 'Holtie's House' is a blog I will always enjoy reading. Peter is a very caring guy, involved deeply in family affairs and seems to have a zillion friends! He has a lot to show and tell about his homeland, Australia, which I have truly enjoyed over the 4+ years I have been a blogger. BTW- In the beginning, Peter helped me in figuring out this confusing world of blogging! He sent me detailed emails with instructions on how to do certain things-post pictures-etc! I'll be forever grateful, Peter! :)

9.~
Cliff~'Cliff Morrow's Blog' is among my favorite reads. It's always rewarding to visit Cliff and he never fails to leave me smiling! I often need that!

10.~
AC- of 'Raindrops' is way up in Canada, but I visit him on a quite regular basis. He's witty and a lot of fun to read. He shows his readers a lot of scenes of his country and shares family times with his two 'grands' and his wife and daughters. Oh, and he is musical and if we're lucky, sometimes shares his fiddle playing with us!

~~~
NOTE:
My blogger choices can be found on my side bar, just click the names.
(I got lazy)
Anyway, I hope you will check them all out because they are all awesome, if in different ways!

~~~
OK~ I know some folks are not too keen on doing these award things so don't feel obligated to follow through on this unless you want to do it.

The main thing about blogging -IMO- is that you have fun- so if something begins to feel like a 'job' it might reduce the fun part of it!

(LOL-Just enjoy the good things I said about you anyway)


Love,
Junie

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-) I'm finally back into the world of blogging! lol These last two weeks, with being away 3-4 days each weekend, have really messed up my routine!! I'm hoping to now get back into regularly visiting my dear friends again.

Congratulations on receiving that well deserved award and thank you so much for passing it on to me:-) Having fun with our blogs is so important, isn't it, and as you say, if it starts to become "work", then it's not so fun anymore! lol I love blogging and hope we're still doing so when we're old and gray:-) xoxo

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL-Pea-

I AM old and gray already- but not on the inside-NOT in spirit! haha


It's good to have you back! I miss you when you're not around! :) And you certainly deserve that blog award too!


Hugs))

Junie

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I LOVE YOUR LIST JUNIE...maybe because it could have been MY list; and in fact we have so many that are alike. Why am I not surprised? Thank you for such wonderful and sweet comments dear friend. We really have been buddies for a long time, haven't we? You are a blessing... Love, Joy

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You are very deserving of the award Junie and Congratulations. Also thank you so much for thinking of me and saying such nice things about me. You and I are great bloggy friends and I hope we will always be. Thanks Junie for such an honor and for the award.

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Thanks Junie. Although I seldom follow through, I really do appreciate the thought. Quite a bit actually.

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger My World said...

nice blog

www.piyooh.com

 
At 2:05 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

"Sweet Friends" - it does not surprise me that you should receive this award! You are one of the sweetest folks in blogland. Always sweet things to say wherever I see you commenting. Your face on your pictures always exude delight and we can 'hear' your enthusiasm in your written words. Well deserved!
I'm honored to be mentioned with these other wonderful bloggers. I'm definitely going to check them out. Thank you my dear friend!

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Junie for including me in your list. Our association as fellow blog writers has introduced me to some great music this last year. The similarity in our taste has been amazing. I delight in reading about your rides with Charles around the area. I confess I turn a bit green with envy about that. Rest assured I will continue to visit and thanks again.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for your nice comments!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home