Junie's Place: Sweet Magnolia (And The Traveling Salesman)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sweet Magnolia (And The Traveling Salesman)

~~~


~~~
Sweet Magnolia (And The Traveling Salesman)

Dan Fogelberg
Album~ Windows and Wall~ 1984

Two hearts throwing off sparks
Young and in love with our freedom
Moonlight, the soft southern nights
We were both ripe to fall
Well I was out on my own
Playing for all who would listen
And you were as free as a bird
Flying from nest to nest
But somewhere our eyes met
And our hands reached out
And we felt a kindred spirit
And as our faces touched
I could feel the fire
And needed so to just be near it
Oh lord, those moments we soared
Borne on the wings of our passion
It seemed then like they'd never end
But times like that always must '
Cause then one day I flew far away from you
I never knew how I'd regret it
My sweet Magnolia belle you know I've loved you well
Even if I never said it
Magnolia, now I see that freedom isn't free
And love's the only true redeemer
And when this journey's through
I'll be coming back for you
If you'll have this foolish dreamer
I spend a night now and then passing through town on my travels
But someday I'm gonna come back to stay
Magnolia, I'm coming home





Thanks for this video go to
Youtube
and
JMEagle101


Love,
Junie Rose

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

Such a beautiful song to listen to while I catch up with your latest posts!

Your marigolds are stunning and I must buy some when it's time to plant flowers in my faerie garden in a couple of weeks. I can well imagine how many flowers you have in bloom right now. My tulips and daffodils have just ended and now my other perennials are coming up nicely so soon I'll have colour again:-)

Been enjoying some gorgeous weather the last couple of days. I was just outside painting the crown moulding for my bedroom and I think I got sunburned! lol The heat and sun sure feel good, though, after having had an overcast and cold couple of weeks.

Good to be back to blogging and visiting:-) xoxo

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea,

It's good to hear from you again. So glad you enjoy my music and flowers. I know you'll be happy to have your faerie garden in bloom again.

It's getting very hot here- but I'm trying not to complain too much-lol


Hugs to you and hope you're having a good day.

Junie

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger Donna said...

(fanning myself here...Hahahaa)
Wow! ahhh...Nice music!!Hahahaa
Thanks Junie!
hughugs

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

HAHA- yah- pretty 'steamy' video- sorry 'bout that but the song is very pretty!



Hugs))

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home