Junie's Place: Sepia Scenes_Sept 16, 2010 (Going way back with Alli)

Friday, September 17, 2010

Sepia Scenes_Sept 16, 2010 (Going way back with Alli)

~~~



*Mary the Teach* 

 

is celebrating  her # 100 post in this photo meme!

Won't you come join in the fun?

Congrats Mary-

and much thanks for this fun meme!

~~~

I searched for hours to find this group of pictures from my granddaughters kindergarten class. (or maybe it was 1st grade)

 I remember this little project had to do with '100 items.' The children were to make a little parade on wheels with 100 items of their choice - glued to something that had wheels!  :) It may have been to mark 100 days in school..( this was in Feb,1997)...I just can't remember the details. (and Alli is away at college and I can't ask her  :)  )

Look closely and you can see that Alli used 'Happy Meal' toys to make up her float for the parade! Luckily for her she had 2 brothers before her who had consumed a lot of kid's meals before she came along!  She might have been shy a few without their help!  :)

(But maybe NOT!)

 

 Oh! I miss those fun days!!


Love,

Junie

AKA-Ginga 

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I am not totally in favor of such projects because, unless I'm mistaken, they can't be done without a lot of input and help by parents and grandparents. But since you evidently experienced much joy and have fond memories, there is obviously a positive side.

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh these pictures of Alli and her float are just too adorable Junie. Very cute idea... Hugs, Joy

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha that was fun..and mine was totally the coolest one. ;) It was in Kindergarten. Thanks for posting these pictures, Ginga. See you this weekend! :)

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I totally bet that it was to mark the 100th day of school and what a marvelous idea! I ALMOST wish I was still teaching to use the idea. :)
I bet I have 100 happy meal toys in my attic.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What an excellent idea to demonstrate the theme of the parade. I'll bet yours was the best one submitted that day Alli!

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

I always liked the fun projects-with my kids AND my grandkids.

Alli and her mom and brothers had fun with this, as I remember, and I enjoyed the day of the event with Alli. My daughter couldn't be there so I got to be the one who attended and watched the parade! :)

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

All the little kiddie floats were cute as could be and they had lots of fun! :)

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Wow, Junie, that is the best! You win for most unusual! :)

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Mary. :)

It was a fun day with my little granddaughter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home