Junie's Place: Midweek Blues~2-17-11~ and a Remembrance with the 'Blue Angels'

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Midweek Blues~2-17-11~ and a Remembrance with the 'Blue Angels'

~~~


~Go here to see other 'Midweek Blues' posts~

~

These are 2 signed Blue Angels posters we found at an antique shop  in 2006.




Actually-I bought this as one framed picture but after getting it home and taking the frame apart to clean the glass I discovered the second print under the first one!  :) I was thrilled with seeing this!

~~ 






Blue Angels Fly!






This is in honor and remembrance for a friend's father who recently passed away.

This fine gentleman was a WW2  Navy Veteran who had great love for his country and pride in having  been able to do his part in preserving our freedoms.
  ~
He enjoyed watching the Blue Angels fly!


R.I.P.
  dear friend,
and thank you for all you did!




Junie


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I saw the Blue Angels fly last September in San Fran, CA when I was visiting my daughter. They are awesome...and breathtaking to watch. R.I.P. to your dear friend Junie... ~Joy

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I saw them perform many years ago over Norfolk, Va.
What a great surprise to find two.
Lovely tribute Junie.

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

Two for one. You can't beat that! I always enjoyed watching them. We used to have air show near us but with the cutbacks the airbase was closed and no more shows.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home