Junie's Place: Midweek Blues~2-17-11~ and a Remembrance with the 'Blue Angels'

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Midweek Blues~2-17-11~ and a Remembrance with the 'Blue Angels'


~Go here to see other 'Midweek Blues' posts~


These are 2 signed Blue Angels posters we found at an antique shop  in 2006.

Actually-I bought this as one framed picture but after getting it home and taking the frame apart to clean the glass I discovered the second print under the first one!  :) I was thrilled with seeing this!


Blue Angels Fly!

This is in honor and remembrance for a friend's father who recently passed away.

This fine gentleman was a WW2  Navy Veteran who had great love for his country and pride in having  been able to do his part in preserving our freedoms.
He enjoyed watching the Blue Angels fly!

  dear friend,
and thank you for all you did!


Labels: , , ,


At 12:59 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I saw the Blue Angels fly last September in San Fran, CA when I was visiting my daughter. They are awesome...and breathtaking to watch. R.I.P. to your dear friend Junie... ~Joy

At 1:43 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I saw them perform many years ago over Norfolk, Va.
What a great surprise to find two.
Lovely tribute Junie.

At 7:41 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Two for one. You can't beat that! I always enjoyed watching them. We used to have air show near us but with the cutbacks the airbase was closed and no more shows.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home