Junie's Place: ~ ~to welcome in my meadow flowers~ ~

Monday, March 21, 2011

~ ~to welcome in my meadow flowers~ ~

Poem: My Meadow Walk





~~~




My Meadow Walk


Today I took a meadow walk
and to my great delight,
I saw the Pinks are blooming!
It happened overnight!

The first blooms come in early spring,
to soon be joined by more;
a fragrant flower blanket
like none you’ve seen before!

Those meadow blooms, in shades of pink,
so delicate of hue-
years ago they won my heart-
became my favorite view!

I can see this from my window-
this glorious display!
But- best to walk among the flowers,
and pick a small bouquet!


June Kellum
2005

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:36 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Happy Spring Junie!
hughugs

 
At 10:51 AM , Anonymous momma/mary said...

I can understand your joy.

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I can understand why they would inspire you to verse.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

OOO Yes!!

Spring-and especially these little meadow flowers-overwhelm this old girl! :)

Junie Rose

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

This is a sweet poem. I love walking in my gardens and picking bouquets but I also love looking out my windows and seing the colorful blooms. I have daffy's & primroses blooming now. YEA!!!!

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Love it, Junie, your words and the flowers. ((((hugs))))

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, all of you! I enjoy your visits!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home