Junie's Place: Health news-4-14-11

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Health news-4-14-11

~~
Last Thursday Charles was doing some tractor work in the pasture...he was pushing up cut tree limbs into a pile for burning.  A tree branch flew up as he was working to maneuver the stuff where he needed it, hitting him across the shin. He said it was baseball bat  in size-and with the power behind it of that tractor wheel...

It's  been very bad...swollen and red...infected...a very deep bruise. Although the hit didn't even break the skin, the injury has erupted from inside. His leg from mid calf down is blue- except the red that spreads  several inches on all sides from the impact spot. He's  been in constant pain  since it happened.   He's on antibiotics and, hopefully, they will take care of the infection. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow and I hope and pray they can see a big improvement!

Just wanted to update for family and friends who care...


Junie

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I didn't know that we could get infections that way. All the best, Charles.

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, AC-

I'll update in a day or so-


Junie

 
At 12:48 PM , Anonymous momma/mary said...

Take care Charles!

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Oh, poor Charles... that sounds awful! I really hope his leg will mend itself soon!

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh...I came by to see if you had done a themesong this week, and read this sorrowful news!! I do hope he'll be better by morning and the infection doesn't set in...oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!! Take care, both of you.

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh good Lord Junie....I hope Charles' leg gets better very quickly. You just never know what strange things can happen. Infections can be crazy...I'm very glad he has been on that antibiotic. Big hugs to both of you...and special healing hugs to Charles. ~Joy

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, friends,

Well, looks like he needs to be in the hospital and my daughter Tina suggested he wait until about 4:oo AM and go to the EM. She will be at work about 6:00 and can check on what's happening. They insist I don't need to go until later when he gets put in a room...but I might get up and go anyway.
The wound area is swollen much worse today. We're very concerned...
I'll post something again tomorrow.

Thanks all, for caring about us.

Love,

Junie

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Ohhh, so sorry to hear this news, Junie!! :( I will be thinking of Charles, and of you too.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Junie! Things like that can be bad and painful for awhile. I hope he gets well soon!!

 
At 12:24 AM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I know how painful and serious this can be. He is in my prayers.

 
At 3:25 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Junie, thoughts and prayers are with you both.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Praying for Charles and you, Junie. Please let us know. I'm SO sorry this happened. :(

 
At 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless Charles- Praying for him. give me a call <3

 
At 12:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way-it's me (above)- you know I don't post here! :) Joy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home