Junie's Place: My husband, the comic...

Friday, February 03, 2006

My husband, the comic...




My husband, the COMIC…


My husband has resisted the world of computers!
(resisted - resented- relentlessly!! HIS 3 Rs))

However, he has, in spite of all, picked up some computer speak…so he ain’t fooling me a bit with this show of total ‘unawareness’ of the term - ‘BLOG!’

In my excitement over the fun I’m having with MY OWN BLOG I recently asked him,

“Charles, if you had a BLOG, what would you put on it?”

Without a moments hesitation he came back with …

“Watkin’s salve!” “But I don’t need any - I’m Healthy!”

… Thus, insinuating that he didn’t understand my question… didn’t understand what I meant by BLOG…pretending he thought I meant some skin blemish or some such thing!!

Luckily, I have a good sense of humor or I might read more into this...
“But I don’t need any - I’m healthy!” :)


NOTE:
Watkin’s Salve is a product that’s been around for a lot of years, used for skin problems!


Juniper
7-31-‘05
(This is from last year- my journal/blog on AOL)

~~~~

Recently, I was thinking back a few years ago when I was heavely into making craft items...(Papier Mache Santas, Cypress Knee Santas, and Gourd Santas, mostly) I was thinking of the large amount of items I turned out...dozens and dozens - if not hundreds. I asked my husband, "How was I able to do so much ?" He came back with, 'That was BC!"

Yep- you got it...Before Computer!

Frankly, I found this less funny than the Watkin's Salve Bit!, :) ... because-I feel at age 64 I have earned the right to choose HOW I want to waste my time!

Who knows what may come next? My santas may even cycle around again - but I will be the one deciding!


All I know is at this time spot in my life I am having fun Blogging - and exploring the world of computers! :)

~~~~~

Some pics of a few of my craft santas:

Cypress Knee Santa

A gathering of Gourd Santas

Papier Mache Santa

Junie

8 Comments:

At 11:42 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Quite a collection there June, are they all from the same hands or from many places? And I am with you, this blogging is an enjoyable way to pass the time. ec

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

These are all Santas I created! :)

I have a big collection of santas-my own and others!

I never grew up! :)

 
At 12:25 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I know exactly what you mean June. I'm enjoying the world of blogging too...and all the wonderful bloggers out there. Your santas are great! My collection is snowmen. Xmas at my house is like walking into a museum...too many things to look at..and way too many snowmen.

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) I also have a lot of snow-People , which I made too- and Trees- lots of stuff!

Christmas is such a special time for me- for all my family!NO- you can't have too many snow men - OR too many Santas! IMO :)

Junie

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Peter said...

I like Charles sense of humour June.

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL! ....but- try living with it for 45 years!

...Kidding , of course! I like it too! :) ...ahh-MOST of the time!

June

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

LOL @ Watkin's Salve. I like your Santa crafts.

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) you find that Watkins Salve bit funny too, eh!!

Thanks for looking at my santas! I am rather proud of them as I just started doing them on a whim with no traing or examples to follow! The papier maches are all original- not made with molds, so every one came out different!...The others were all one of a kind too! (gourds-Cypress knees) It was fun doing them!

However-I'm now into my blogging phase- I have fun with this- my writings and poems-and getting to know people!

Thanks for your visit!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home