Junie's Place: Flea Market Find!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Flea Market Find!

Charles went to the flea market this morning!

I didn't want to go. Just wanted to chill out with the AC and catch up on some 'computer business.'-haha!

He came back with a hesitant tale of having bought something...He said, "It's something I've been wanting for a long time...
Well-it's something for BOTH of us!"

;) I had some dread, wondering just what he had bought-this time!

To my great surprise and pleasure, it turned out to be
this:






~~~

It so happens I have been wanting to find just such a bell for a long time, too! I'm happy he found it.

It's BIG! It measures 18 inches across at the bottom and stands 18 inches high, including the top part that's attached to the bell.
It needs work- as someone in the past has painted it white! (dumb!!!) Charles will get all the old paint and rust off and paint it black! It needs some welding on the part that holds the bell, pictured! ( The yoke?? ) Anyway-I'm thrilled with it- and with what it will look like in the future!

~~~Lol- I bet some of you are thinking it doesn't take much...and you're right! I LOVE old things of the past!~~~

Here is an interesting website about this company:

~~~

http://home.swbell.net/csz_stl/towerbells/HillsboroFoundry.html

~~~

Note:

We found it unusual that this BELL company was founded by a man named Bell! :)

~~~

I hope to have that bell all restored and on display by the Christmas season...with the biggest red bow I can find tied below it!! :)


Junie

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love things like this, being an American history buff. Right now, though, I am changing my 'look' and am trying to sell many antiques. Collecting 'em is a lot easier than selling them!

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for stopping by!

My husband and I are at the age when we should be selling our stuff instead of buying more!

...But I don't expect we'll ever stop collecting things like this!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home