Junie's Place: Snowy Banner Elk and onward...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Snowy Banner Elk and onward...

We're on the road again...putting the 'cold dip' behind us. My one pair of warm shoes are beyond use now, so I have to make-do with my socks and sandals until I can find a Wal-Mart to get something warmer!

...I start to realize the mistake I made in not doing more to my hair! It has become a complete, flyaway mess! In the end I could do nothing more than put it in a twist and clamp it down!

Like this!

But notice-I'm still smling!

I couldn't spend much time on the ground in Banner Elk (without warm shoes) so the pics here were mostly taken from the car! A good bit of snow in Banner Elk, as some of the pictures show! You can see snow on the ski slopes in some of them!







After a while in Banner Elk we decided to drive on. It was either that or go back to Boone to the Wal-Mart, as there were no shoes to be had in Banner Elk! Charles will not backtrack -ever- so we went south again! This time we were heading for Hendersonville!

~~~But we had got a little taste of winter! In my case, a little more than I had expected!

~~~I will conclude our trip in my next post!~~~


Junie

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Ah, yea, Banner Elk. One spring and summer in the late 70s, my guy maintained a stop on the Appalachian Trail near there.
The Guest Book is a fun read. So many people remarked about how cold it got in the mountains.

Such beautiful country, but I don't really miss living there.

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Brrr, that looks cold! You're lucky you didn't catch a cold or chill from that dip. Then to have no warm shoes or clothes! I bet you were ready to head for warmer places!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home