Junie's Place: More flowers!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

More flowers!

Today I went to do a little shopping. I had a few needed items of groceries but , mainly, I wanted to get 3 more of the 'Knock-Out' rose bushes. I want to fill in that spot along the walkway ( the spot that usually has only weeds! :) ) I got the smaller ones as I couldn't see paying almost double for one just a little bigger. I know these will do fine, once they're planted!

I also got some more Caladiums and some Marigolds! These are the first Marigolds I have bought this summer, though I'm fond of the flower and usually have some growing in my garden! All of these flowers are for the back - along the walkway we are working on.













~~~

Yesterday I got another music package from my friend in Reno.....More Pink Floyd and some others!

I haven't had a chance to get into Pink Floyd yet, but will soon. Thanks, Bonnie!
I had hoped to play them tonight but my headache is gonna force me to bed with a sleep aid soon!


~~~


This day didn't turn out as I hoped...I envisioned getting my roses planted this afternoon... I guess I wasn't thinking how a shopping trip just wipes me out, these days! I'm wasted for the rest of the day! Especially so, this day! Oh well, I just have to roll with the punches- just do the best I can! There's tomorrow!


This last pic is of Honeysuckle-and old fashioned- very fragrant -roses which I have growing at our front entrance! (a courtyard entrance) The Honeysuckle is not a spectacular flower in the way it looks- but-Oh-the smell is heavenly- especially growing next to the roses there. (Honeysuckle is a wild vine type plant-and like most wild plants it can get out of hand...but I love having it!)

Usually the last thing I do before going to bed at night is to walk out into the front garden...The mingled Rose and Honeysuckle fragrance is 'out of this world!'
Sometimes I stand for awhile, just gazing up into the star-studded sky and taking in the sweet smells of the flowers!















~~~This is a little poem I wrote a long time ago- about my flowers~~~



How Will My Garden Grow?


How will my garden grow?
…Marigolds marching in a row!
Zinnias in sunshiny places!
Petunias to fill the odd spaces!

Gardenias and Queen Anne’s Lace,
adding their beauty and grace.
Geraniums and Ivy, in pots,
and sky blue Forget-Me-Nots.

The Mums will be overflowing,
from pots, in which they are growing.
The sweet Seven Sisters will bloom,
adding their special perfume.

Along the fence row there will be
red roses, rambling fragrant and free!
The Peace Rose- ever the rage-
will, naturally, take center stage!


June Kellum
(written in ‘80s)



Junie

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:47 AM , Blogger b13 said...

Your cats and dog rock. Your roses rock. Your poem rocks.

Oh, and Floyd ROCKS!

 
At 4:07 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I think our neighbor had 'Caladiums' once. Penicillin took care of it.
Gardening is good for the soul...eh?

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

b13,


Lol-YES! We all ROCK, here at Junie's Place! (hahaha)

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Hi Cliff,

Yes, gardening is good for the soul...but not always-good for the back!

Thanks for stopping by!


Junie

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

It's always such a nice warm feeling visiting you Junie. Your flowers brighten my day.

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

"Red roses rambling" - great use of alliteration!!

I'm imagining the rose-honeysuckle fragrance.
I LOVE the smell of honeysuckle.

I hope by the time you read this your headache is gone and you've had a good night's sleep.

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,

Yes- the headache is gone and I did sleep well!
(LOL- thanks to my rock music )

The honeysuckle is even stronger, late at night! Why- I don't know- but it is!


Hope thngs are well with you today.

Junie

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,
I'm so glad you enjoy my flowers! I do! :)


Junie

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Are you kidding me? I love honeysuckle, and how you have it mixed with a climbing rose....pretty!

To me honeysuckle's blossom is delicate and fine...like a beautiful woman such as my mom---she had so many of these vines--so it reminds me of her...sweet too!

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anni,


Yes, I love the Honeysuckle vines-and the flowers and scent remind me of my mom, too. She loved it a lot- and all of the sweet scents of flowers. Orange blossoms were her favorites too!

I have had this vine for a long time and through the years I had a time keeping my grandkids from sucking the sweet nectur from the blooms! :) But, I guess if it's ok for birds, bees and butterflies, it's ok for kids too!


Junie Rose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home