Junie's Place: Another day at Junie's Place

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another day at Junie's Place

Just spent a little time with the roses-snipped a little -groomed a little- watered - took a few pics -as is my way!

At one point had to knock a spider off my face. Tried to get his picture but he was too fast for me! :)

I get satisfaction from my gardening efforts, for , who can deny that roses, flowers of all kinds, are beautiful to have around. And the more I do the more I see that needs doing-as far as adding more roses- more flower beds.

Our project at the moment is working on a walkway from our back porch door , along the length of the house to the little spot I have dedicated as Mom's garden! We will need stepping stones for a length of about 17 ft. We looked at some last night. Charles wants the smaller ones (a foot square) but I am insisting on the 18' size. It will look better-IMO- plus , be a safer walkway for this old gal, here!

I want to get all this area taken care of- planted with -whatever- and with a heavy mulch covering! It will cut down on the dirt that accumulates in the screened back porch! The whole area is a built -up bed-type thing-with plantings on the side next to the house...a walkway down the middle (which was never anything but dirt or mulch)-and a wider planting bed on the outside. This has always been over- run with weeds! I made part of this into my herb garden and it is doing great! Another section of it I will probably plant 3 or 4 Knock-Out roses. They are hardy bloomers and spread well...will be a good use of that space!

You can see in one of the pics a Knock-Out bush-and my little old dog Nighty, curled up in the corner. This is the area just in front of the porch.
(Nighty is very old-over 17 years-She is almost deaf and blind!) I don't have the heart not to leave her some cool spots around! She's always been an outside dog!













These roses are the ones I rescued a few weeks back- from that terrible weeded spot behind the fish pond! I KNEW they were worth saving!























~~~

As much as I enjoy my flowers-and all the free time I have in working with them- as much as I enjoy having unlimited time to play with my computer stuff and my photos -as much as I enjoy
my MUSIC listening (which has become so much a part of my life the past 2 - 3 years)......
I really, really miss having my grandkids still around! That old swing looks a little forlorn, doesn't it!






Junie Rose
(Ginga)

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:58 PM , Blogger Janet said...

The roses are beautiful. Mine are starting to bloom again. That swing hanging in the tree looks mighty inviting! I still love to swing....I'd be out there all the time if I had that in my backyard!

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, I'm glad Nighty has a cool spot!

The roses are so pretty! I think I would like the larger stones too, easier to walk on I think!!

Loved your cats in the previous post too!! That's probably what my cat thinks as well!!

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Janet,

That swing was put up when we were statring to build the house more than 19 years ago. My grand kids were little then. They all grew up here so this old place has a lot of memories. The kids all loved that swing- We have another swing- a bench swing- which we use pretty often but that tree swing goes, mostly, unused these days!

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Sad about all of my doggies- My 2 poodles are pretty old and not in good health either. I feel like I will be entering into a new phase of my life soon- without any dogs! I think I will not want to get any more. Have always had dogs and loved them all- but it's hard-in all ways- taking care of them as I get old!

My cats are a real pleasure to me-and no health problems!

Junie

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful roses!
:)

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Yup, that swing sure does look lonesome for some grandkids!!! I remember visiting my grandma's house and swinging on the swing they had hanging from a huge tree....what fun it was:-) Your roses are all just so fabulous and you really do have a greenthumb with them!! I also enjoyed seeing the previous post with the pictures of your cats..too cute!! xox

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Your roses are beautiful
as always. And your yard, garden and the swing all look so nice. I know how you miss the grands. I do mine too, as 5 of them lived half an hour away, but now 5 hours away. It has been lovely to have three of them for the couple of days. Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

absolutely gorgeous!! Yep, me too. The more flowers the better!

Thanks for the visit today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home