Junie's Place: Spider in my kitchen!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Spider in my kitchen!



Last night as I was sitting at my desk here...I happened to look down to my left and saw this spider a few feet from me. It was crawling away from me so the beginning of his trek must have started somewhere near my feet! Probably was under my computer desk and just came out for a late night stroll!

Did I panic and run for the broom or a can of Raid? No, my dear Blog Buds! When possible I avoid killing spiders so I calmly stepped over him and got a double paper towel , got it good and wet and picked him up and carefully took him outside!

Well, he's pretty - right? Would you rather have seen a smashed spider? ;)

~~~

First news of the day was from our young renters telling Charles the AC had stopped working! :(

We don't get a huge amount of rent and the possibility of this repair to the AC would have eaten up any profit for the month...and maybe much more! Charlie says to me, "Just another day in paradise!!" Lol-

OK- The first thing to do would be to call a repairman, right??

Most people would- but not my Charlie! The first thing he does is take a look at the situation -any and all - and this problem was no different!

Next time I saw him- maybe an hour later- he was drenched with sweat but had taken the AC apart. He says," There's just 2 things that could be wrong...the motor or the capacitor!"

So next thing to do is take the motor to have it checked. (someplace-I know not where). Turns out it was NOT the motor but WAS the capacitor!

He bought this part for $30.00 something and figured it out- put it all back together...

Next thing I hear is ,"It works!!"

It always amazes me, how he will just tackle a job he knows nothing about and usually figures it out and fixes -whatever...! Hey, he saved hundreds today! :) I'm proud of him!

With all that $ he saved today I'm gonna ask him to go to the garden shop tomorrow in search of some stepping stones to use in my garden. I need about 30...plus several bags of mulch! ;) Can't explain this project but will show you when it's finished.

~~~

Speaking of gardening- I spent some time clipping, weeding, watering - etc- again today! Nothing very major...but I figure if I do a little each day- hopefully- I can keep ahead of the weeds!

My cat-'General'- was about, but was not too willing to pose for pics! He always looks cute, tho, even when he sulks!





We added this small flag to the garden recently!
I always love to see our flag waving in the breeze.




A good day!


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

22 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

june. you make me nuts. i have to go to therapy now because of that spider. no telling what i would do if i saw that thing for real but i do know i would not be taking a picture!!! arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

hahahaha!

LOL- Bonnie, I just have to tell it like it is here at Junie's Place!

Lol- I just took him to a safe place...safe for both him and me! :)


~~~

Well, hope you saw my cat, General!
He should make up for that creepy old spider!

Love,

Junie

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I would have squashed the spider without a qualm...sorry :)
My Hubby is handy but I doubt he could take an air cond apart and get it all back together again...wow...he needs a pat on the back!
:)

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) I guess most ppl would just squash the spider and be done with it! But I figure if he's outside he can't bother me.

Yep- C. is quite handy. He has always been that way- lucky for us as we don't have a lot of $$$ to throw around !


Junie

 
At 11:47 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

You call that a spider? I call that a HUGE MONSTER!!! Omigosh, Junie, you guys have big spiders over there!! lol We don't get them that big over here...but I'm still terrified of them. Bleckkkkk!! You are one brave woman! lol Way to go Charles!! Good for him for being able to fix that air conditioner himself:-) xox

 
At 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi june -- try as i may, i can't get in here and past that thing fast enough. i am the original arachnophobe. anything comes walking through my house, they own it. i am thoroughly convinced that i don't need to go anywhere that has anything that big....or smaller.....or bigger......General is awesome as always. My girls, Tiger, Kat and Demon, were eyeballing him. Thinking he would look pretty good riding a wave. Told them i didn't think you were THAT close to the beach!!! And Mr. Chuckles -- fixing that AC is just so awesome. THAT is a talent, especially because he got it back together and it worked!!!! Hire him out, Junebug!!!okay -- now i don't have to come back in here until that picture moves down tomorrow. :)

 
At 12:40 AM , Blogger Peter said...

VERY unusual for a lady to relocate spiders June, most would do the yellin' thing I believe.

 
At 4:00 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie,Im sorry I would have run for the broom or the nearest thing to me to Quash it YYYkkkk. My Alan was like your Charles tackled anything that needed repair,and always succeeded in getting the job done.yes I agree General makes up for the spider, Take care

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,


Well, yah, that was a pretty big spider but he wasn't about to attack me so I just wanted to put him outside and let him go on his way. I DO kill them if I can't put them safely out-when I see them- thus that can of Raid I have! :)

Yah- C. is very good with fixing things!

xox


Junie

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

I guess you're right, Peter!

Hey- it's not that I LOVE spiders- I just don't like to kill them unless I have to....Now, if it had been that I couldn't capture that one like I did I would have had to spray him with Raid!
Lucky spider! :)


Junie

 
At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every garden should have an American Flag waving in it and a General To oversee all proceeding going on there. Not to mention a hubby that can take things apart and fix them. Some women got it all!!!!

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hey Bonnie,

Lol- well, hopefully, I won't come in contact with another spider for awhile-and be compelled to write about it!


As for General- yes- he's pretty cool- and knows it,too! I'm glad you (and yer kitties) enjoyed his pictures!

I'm very lucky to have C. around to fix things! He is very good with these kind of things.

Junie

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mary,(Momma)

Thanks, Mary! :)

I appreciate all my blessings.

Junie

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jeanette,

:) Sorry for the spider- I hope I won't see any more for awhile.


But my pretty little cat sort of balanced out the bad with the good!

Take care,


Junie

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Nothin' worse than spiders [and snakes]!!

I was watching one yesterday outdoors...it's huge. And I thought of taking a photo of it too and blogging about the nasty creatures. LOL

By the looks of things and the size of the monster in your kitchen....why, even a SEARS catalog isn't BIG enough!!

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anni,

That spider I posted is just a tiny bit bigger than life size-

Hey- I sure don't like them in the house but don't mind them at all outside. I find the webs really fascinating.


Junie

 
At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ginga, that spider isn't pretty.

But General sure is! =]

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Alli,

Lol- seems like I am the only lady in the whole world who does not mind spiders! hahaha

Have to agree that General is much better to look at , tho! He's such a sweetie, isn't he!


Love,

Ginga

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Granny said...

We don't kill the harmless spiders if we can avoid it either.

We do have black widows though and if they show up, to spider heaven they go.

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Ann,

Oh yes! I have to do away with a Black Widow, if I see one.


Junie

 
At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the REAL reason you didn't kill it. You recognized it as Boris The Spider! You could only kill it by hitting it with Pete Townshend's guitar! (g)

I don't like those "creepy-crawly, creepy-crawly" things, since one of them bit me in the ankle and landed me in a hospital for 5 days in 1995. I was forced to endure hospital food for 5 days. Yuck!

I don't want anything in my home that has more legs or eyes than I do. :)

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Bob 12 String,

:) It crossed my mind that it could be Boris....or someone related to him!

As much as I love seeing Pete smash guitars -I don't really like smashing things!

...Oh-I DO know spider bites can be bad-so I watch out for spiders!
;) sorry you had to put up with the hospital food, too! :)

Thanks for coming by, Bob.

Junie Rose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home