Junie's Place: Music of 'Rush'

Friday, June 29, 2007

Music of 'Rush'


This was my music listening of late last night... 'Rush' - a band that started out in the early 70s and is still going strong !

They are: Lead guitarist and vocalist Geddy Lee (born with the name Gary Lee Weinrib) is joined by Neil Peart on drums and Alex Lifeson on guitar and backup vocals. All three members of the band call Canada home.

They are currently on tour to promote their newest album, 'Snakes and Arrows.' I'd love to see them but don't expect to!

Got into a discussion with a friend last night about Rush and decided to look up some videos.

I had little experience (or exposure) with the music of Rush. I had bought one CD-a greatest hits- a while back... Of course, their biggest hits are on this - or most of them!
Well, I really am not sure about how many hits these guys have had- but almost all the songs on my CD can be found on Youtube vids!


Here is one I liked a lot~ take a look!

~~~some of the lyrics of this song~~~


Words by Neil pea rt, music by Geddy lee and Alex lifeson


There are those who think that life
Has nothing left to chance
With a host of holy horrors
To direct our aimless dance

A planet of playthings
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
The stars aren't aligned ---
Or the gods are malign
Blame is better to give than receive

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice.....


Also this....(not on my CD ...wish it was!)

~~~

OK~
Nothing like Rock music to get rid of a headache!
lol- after some hours of watching these videos I found my headache had vanished and I slept like a baby when I finally settled down to sleep...past 1:30 AM!

Skeptics might argue that it was just the stopping of the loud music
( eased the headache and my sheer exhaustion of the long day) that gave me my restful sleep!

No!
It was the music that relaxed me and prepared me for the rest! IMHO!


Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

RUSH certainly is a great band and I'm glad you discovered them:-) I just love the way you enjoy your music and I agree with you, it's what helped to relax you and made you sleep better!! hehe xox

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes- Rush - another great Canadian band! :) There's lots of good- high quality vids on Youtube of this band!

I enjoyed them a lot last night.

Junie

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure I've even heard any of their songs...if I did, I didn't notice. Golly, way back when my 'band' was Aerosmith [not sure if that is how it's spelled] --But I DO LOVE music. Hearing it sets a mood.

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, "Skeptics might argue that it was just the stopping of the loud music...." I spent a few days last week dipped in nostalgia with 70's music turned up in the truck singing out loud, too. ;)

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Anni,

;) I didn't know much about 'Rush' either, but have enjoyed checking out the vids on Youtube.


Junie

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

To Michael,

Welcome to Junie's Place. Thanks for your comments.

...So what were your 70s music choices??
~~~
I really wanna know...BTW Who Are You- who-who who who....;)


Junie

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Junie, I agree w/you that the music stopped your headache. When I performed, sometimes I had a headache when we began and I felt miserable. I stood in front of the drums and the music on stage around me was LOUD. It coursed thru my body at full tilt. My headache went away almost instantaneously!

I like this group too. Glad you got your sleep :)

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carolyn,


Yes! Music certainly has it's benefits! :) ... very good for depression as well as headaches!

Hope your weekend is going well...
If not- listen to some music! :)

Junie Rose

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Isorski said...

Glad you discovered the band. Keep digging around in their catalog and you'll be rewarded. The albums you chould check out are Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals, and then go backwards and forwards in their catalog from there.

I just caught the band in Portland on Saturday and posted a review on my Blog at http://isorski.blogspot.com/. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home