Junie's Place: Late evening...cats, flowers and frogs

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Late evening...cats, flowers and frogs



Late this evening I went out in back to do my usual things... which is feeding my 2 cats and my little dog, 'Nighty.' She is an old girl...If she was a human I think she'd be even older than I am!! Yikes!! Maybe a lot older than me. She is about 18 years -so how old does that figure out to? I never can remember these kind of things-but maybe someone who knows can tell me!


:) You'll all be pleased to know I didn't even look for spiders this time...figuring I had about pushed it to the limit for now! heehee!!

I found 'The General' patrolling the garden area by the fish pond. He wasn't too much in the mood for posing for pictures...(wanting me to get on with his dinner, I think!) but I did get a couple of him! 'Tiger' wasn't around so he missed out, totally, today in the pictures! He did show up for his share of the Meow Mix, though.



I love the looks of things at dusk...just at the end of the day...and just after it gets dark out....Some of these pics were taken after it was too dark to really see so it was just guess work!

The flowers look so magical taken at this time of evening-with the flash!

The pink and yellow blooms are 'Four O'clocks.' I think they are so pretty and interesting, with the colors mixed together as you see them. They open their blooms in the late afternoon and their perfume lingers throughout the night. By early morning they have closed again to reopen the following late evening! A fascinating little flower...a wild plant, I think. I have always had some growing, where ever I've lived. They just grow up wild, every summer and die back in winter. (I don't remember ever seeing them in plant nurseries.)



















I also love my 'Marigolds' and I think they are way under rated and unappreciated by most people! For instance, I have never known anyone who has claimed Marigolds as their favorite flower...have you? Perhaps it's because of the scent of these flowers! Granted- they do not have a sweet smell! ...But I like them and usually have some growing every summer!


What could be prettier than these bright faces!!






...and a rose...

This is Don Juan- a very good rose for our location!






OOOPS!

Who are these guys?




Very nice of 'Nighty' to share her dinner!


Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 11:43 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Liked the flowers very much - and the marigolds are great, mine are just yellow. Looks like the toads are finding sustenance where the can. ec

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

You and your gorgeous flowers Junie.....and Don Juan....oh I love it. Thanks sweetie....

 
At 12:37 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I 'toadily' love the last pic. I see you and the hubby are eating out again and making the flowers grow. Ain't life Grand?

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi EC,


:) Good! You're one who likes our Merigolds, too!

The real big ones are very spectacular but I didn't find any of those this time.

I don't mind the little frogs coming around...but I have to be careful not to step on them at that time of the evening.


June

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Joy,

I enjoy my flowers! :)


Junie

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,

:) Thanks for coming by!

Yes! Life IS grand!
(MOST of the time!)

Junie Rose

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

A dogs age is 7 years to our 1, so nighty would be 126 years old...so pamper her.....

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Judy.

Nighty is almost totally deaf and her
vision is very bad also, but she still enjoys her life here.


Junie

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I enjoyed all the pics. Marigolds are bright and cheery, but you are right about never hearing those referred to as a favorite flower.
We can always count on you for a ROSE photo!
We are being overrun by froggies. We've got little, bitty tree frogs that climb all over our windows, as well as the larger frogs/toads. I like them.
One was hopping/climbing up our bedroom door the other night, and the noise kind of scared me. Once I realized it was just a frog, I breathed a sigh of relief.

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jamie D,

lol- yes- ROSES will always be my favorite flower so I take a lot of rose pictures...(and added ROSE as part of my name here)

But you can tell I love ALL flowers- right? And just about all of God's creatures, too!
(Now- roaches and flies I could do without...also fire ants! haha)

As for those little green tree frogs...I just love any encounter with them! We don't see them often around our place so when we do it's always a treat! We get Bull Frogs in the little fish pond we have! LOL- They can make a lot of noise at times...(Noise=annoyance!) lol

Junie Rose (

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home