Junie's Place: Used Blues at Micanopy Fall Festival

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Used Blues at Micanopy Fall Festival









This weekend is the 32nd annual Fall Festival at Micanopy.

This old Florida town is about 25 miles north of Ocala and a few miles south of Gainesville.
Go here to read more about the town and festival!

This is an event I always look forward to and seldom miss going to, at least one of the days of the festival! One year I even had my own crafts on display to sell there. :) But I enjoy being a spectator more than having a sale booth.

Micanopy and Alachua Co. also earned a bit of fame by having much of the movie 'Doc Hollywood,' starring Michael J. Fox, filmed there. Go here for more info on this movie.

~~~

This time though, the main attraction for me was to be able to watch my sister, Joy's son perform with the band he's a part of! They are called UBb...(Used Blues Band)

(Check the links for information-and music samples too, I think!)


We met my sister and BIL and our daughter and granddaughter there!

I had known my nephew, Alan, played guitar, (and has since he was a teen,) but I had no idea just how good he was-and how outstanding this band is, as a whole!!
Charles and I were both very impressed with what we saw and heard today! We all were!

If you like Blues - you'll love this band!

~~~

The 'UBb' is scheduled to be in an event in Memphis, Tn. January'08. It is called 'IBC'
International Blues Challenge!
...I need to read more about this but , apparently, it is a gathering of Blues bands from different parts of the country for a music fest - or challenge!

:) Sounds like fun and perhaps a great opportunity for the really good bands to be heard and seen!

Wow! I'd love to be able to be there for that!

~~~

Of course, our happy day was touched with the recent sadness we have all been through ( In another sister's family)... and there's no getting away from that loss!


But -still- we're happy and proud of Alan's success with his music.

~~~

Some pics of the band:
Alan is the guitar player on the left side in the pictures! He also sings some of the songs, solo and does a great job with both.











Have to try for some sleep now- Will catch up with everyone next week!



Goodnight.

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the festival.
Again I'm so sorry for your loss.

 
At 12:10 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you, Cliff-

 
At 2:56 AM , Blogger Peter said...

The festival sounds like a lot of fun June.
Sorry to read of your loss.

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Peter.

Very sad for everyone but something we all have to go through.
~~
YES! The festival is one of my favorite events here every year.

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Pleased you had a good time at the festival Junie.
So sorry to read of your sad loss.
Take good care traveling home,,

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Jenanette

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Joy must be really proud of her son! He looks like he enjoys his music too. I love those gourds! Made me think of all your beautiful gourds (and my still-unfinished one up in my room!)

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

Yes, my sister is proud of her 3 boys. They are all talented musically.


Those gourds were very nice- tho I didn't really look around at the crafts a lot this time-

(you should finish yours. And I should do some more- one of these days!!)


Junie

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I'm just catching up and I'm so sorry about your nephew. He was so young (my age!!). How very sad.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rache,

Thanks for coming by and for your caring comments.

Yes- very young...


Junie

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

The festival sounded (and looked) like quite an adventure. I know you were proud of your kin up there pickin' and grinnin'. :) ec

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Mr Eddie,

Yes, I always like going to the fall festivals- and it was very nice watching my nephew pickin' and grinnin'! He really is very talented on that guitar!

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

Glad you enjoyed the festival, I am sure that there would have been many memories shared as well.
Cheers and hugs Margaret

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Good morning, Margaret,

Yes, the festival is always something we enjoy- however, probably would have missed it this time if not for my nephew performing there.

...Of course we were all sad with the recent loss of another sister's son.


Junie

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

Micanopy looks like a fine old Southern Antibellum place...I'm sure it is very enjoyable!

I glad you were able to have a good time!

Have a great day!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Tammy,

It IS a neat old town-and I love the fall festivals there!


This time, tho, we didn't stay very long- mainly went for the music.

Hope your day is going well.


Junie

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Peter said...

What is that beautiful tree in the first set of photos June?

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Those trees in the photos are Live Oaks with Spanish Moss hanging from them. ( One of my favorite sights of our area )


June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home