Junie's Place: Our visit with the kids!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our visit with the kids!

( NOTE: I was working on this post Sunday night when I got the sad news of Dan -here-
so I will finish it up and post it today/tonight!
Life goes on and we have to continue-even with the sadness hovering over us!

...Zach is leaving today on that trip north! I hope he has a safe and fun trip)

~~~


















Today (Sunday) we went to visit our kids in Orlando~

daughter, Tam, SIL Terry and grandson Zach.
Zach is flying up tomorrow to visit friends in Chicago! Needless to say I am a bit 'uneasy' about this trip he's going on and wanted to see him today and tell him to 'Be Careful!' Lol- That's a Ginga thing and it just makes me feel better to be able to do it! I think (hope) the kids don't mind- even tho they are all grown up now! Zach has never seen snow ...and I expect he will see some on this trip! That's the MAIN idea of going, I think!! :)

Here we are ( Charles and Me) about to leave - and stopped, on the way down, by a lake! :) Didn't realize how windy it was until I got out of the truck! It's a really pretty spot there and we often stop when we're down that way.

And here are some pics of Zach and some of Tammy's neat Christmas decorating! I love seeing her decorating ideas! Some of these are craft items I have made for her over the years!















































AND - Zach's cool cat- 'Mittens!'


~~~


Tina, Alli and her 2 friends had been to a music concert in Fort Lauderdale and were to stop by Tammy's house on the way home- however, we had to leave before they got there!


This is Alli and her friends the night before-at our house!





(Happy times until I heard the news of Dan Fogelberg)


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 7:40 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I'm glad you got to go. Lovely pics indeed. Sorry about Dan. I think I've missed out on a lot of music since everything went to downloading and I'm lucky to get around to downloading your blog.

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hi Junie!!! Oh ya, he's gonna see snow all right....lots of it I fear. Hope the flights aren't delayed a whole long time for him!!

Oh Mittens is just too cute in the photo, you really captured a wonderful sweet picture!! I love it.

The crafts and decorations are great.

[if you have a high speed connection, you may want to see my home tour...lots of santas! --link is on my middle sidebar --under the tour image]

I'll leave you with my best wishes for the holidays and hope that for you it's peaceful and joyous!!!

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Junie ~ Looks like a great time at the kids place! I had heard about Dan Fogelberg's passing away. He seemed way TOO young... ~ jb///

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
I was sad to read about Dan's passing too. He left so many songs for us to remember him by.
xo

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

When I heard the news about Dan Fogelberg's death, I immediatley thought of you. I remembered reading your blog post about his battle with cancer.
It's such a sad loss.

I hope Zach has a safe and fun trip. He NEEDS to see some snow!!!

All those holiday decor photos are terrific!

I am really in the Christmas spirit.
Let the eating begin!!!!!

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Cliff,

Thanks for stopping by.

Yes- it was a nice day with the kids.

..then I get home to learn the news of Dan! I was so sorry to hear that, tho I had known he was fighting cancer. He was my favorite singer since early 7os! He gave us some beautiful music!

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LZ Blogger-

Thanks for stopping by.

Yes- Dan was too young to leave us! :( ...But he left us with a lot of good music .

I'm very sad as he's been my favorite for more than 30 years.

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anni,

I saw all your Christmas stuff! You put together a great slide. I'm too dis-organized this year to do anything like that! :(

:) I liked that pic I got of Mittens! He was enjoying that square of sunlight on the kitchen floor!

Oh! Zach made it to the snow! :) He's having fun!

Merry Christmas!


Junie

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Susie,

Very sad about Dan. And, yes, he gave us some wonderful music -which I will always cherish and continue to enjoy through the years to come.

Hugs)))


Junie

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,

Thanks for coming over.

Well, Zach IS seeing snow- so I guess he's happy! :)
~~~
I am very sad about Dan's death-and will be for a long time to come.

You see, he has been my #1 favorite singer for more than 30 years- and I saw him in concert almost a dozen times over the years...Even got backstage once to meet him and get a picture with him! He was a wonderful singer/songwriter/musician- IMO. I will miss him greatly!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home