Junie's Place: Super Bowl day ~ Our Victory ride ~ and other neat stuff!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl day ~ Our Victory ride ~ and other neat stuff!


Super Bowl ~ 2008


New England Patriots
~~~
New York Giants



Super Bowl Night has arrived and, around the country, folks will be glued to their TVs! My guys here are big football fans, and though our teams didn't make it this year, both my husband and my son will be watching!

They have picked their choice...and for personal reasons (loyalty to our Miami Dolphins) they are hoping the perfect record that the Dolphins have held since 1972, when our team had a perfect season of 17 and O, and won the Super Bowl, will not be
matched! ( by the New England Patriots)

That - and other reasons- (the controversy, charges-etc ) went into their choice of pulling for the New York Giants.

I probably will not watch the game with them! It can get pretty heated and loud when they are watching an important game!

I might tune in for the Halftime show with Tom Petty! That could be entertaining!
LOL- At least we won't have to worry about a costume malfunction! Well- let's hope not, anyway!

Hope all you fans enjoy the game!

~~~

Yesterday Charles and I went for a ride on our Victory! It was a real nice day for riding...except just a bit breezy! But we both enjoyed it a lot.

Here are some pics of our day :

Leaving home~


I'm wearing a scarf that was my mom's. It must be from the 60s...you know ~ those thin, see through, gauzy types!



We stopped for lunch at a BBQ place.
Here we are waiting for our food...








...a long wait but it was good when it finally came!








and after... ready to ride again.

I told Charlie, "Take that tooth pick out of your mouth! You want folks to think you're a Redneck?" :) He just gave me his famous Charlie, 'don't give a d*** ' stare! lol- I laughed and went ahead with the picture taking!











That wind had fun with Mom's little red scarf! :)

















~~~

One more cool thing to show you!

I found this at a flea market we stopped at ~ old Pete Townshend of THE WHO!



I played some of this last night and it's good!

Who songs - of course it's good! :)

~~~

All in all- a fun day yesterday!


~~~

Ended the day-late into the night- with more music!
Beatles was the choice (probably my 2 favorite songs) 'Long And Winding Road' & 'Let It Be.'

Sometimes my days are very good! :)



Junie Rose



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:31 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I didn't watch the game either, but I'm kinda glad The Giants won. When I started watching football way back when the Giants were a good team (YA Tittle, Alex Webster etc) and I didn't much like them. But they were the underdogs this time. I think most of us feel like underdogs, and that's why we tend to cheer for them, all other loyalties being equal.

 
At 2:12 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

How neat that you're wearing your mom's scarf!!
I just LOVE to wear things that were my Gramillo's.
It makes me feel close to her. It's funny how that is, but it really does feel great to wear something that our love ones wore.
Your ride looks like it was fun. That food looks really yummy too!
I guess the men were happy that the Giants won!!

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

To Anvilcloud,

I ended up watching the last half of the game-and it was great to see!

I'm not much of a football fan but , after getting a little background of both these teams, I was wanting the NYG to win- and they did just that- and in great style!

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,


Yes- we had fun on the ride-and I enjoyed having mom's little scarf around my neck! :) I'm glad I have a few of her things still with me. She wore scarves a lot!

WOWWOWWOW!

Yep, a real exciting game and my guys are still singing their praises! (to the NYG!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home