Junie's Place: About Dan

Friday, February 01, 2008

About Dan


I had some wonderful news tonight from a Dan Fogelberg fan who I had not met before! She found my site some time ago by googling for Fogelberg fans, although she had never left me a message. Tonight she felt compelled to post to me and I'm so glad she did! She had some great news to tell me-and something I had been hoping for very much since Dan left us in December last year!

As you all know I have been a devoted DF fan for, oh, so many years- and his death hit me hard!
I had not visited the official site, much, since his death because it just made me too sad.

Anyway, there's wonderful news ! Dan's widow, Jean, had posted on the Living legacy site that she is releasing a song that Dan wrote for her-and it will be available the week of Valentine's Day and can be downloaded...also- a full CD will be released later this year with 9 new songs from our Dan! A wonderful last gift from Dan!

This is something I have been, so, hoping for! I'm SOOO VERY HAPPY!

Go here to read about it!

Thanks to my new blog friend and fellow DanFan for this great news!


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 7:10 AM , Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

What a beautiful thing to have the widow bring our her song for you all on Valentines day I know you will enjoy! it very much.

Isn't it fun knowing you can make new friends every day being a blogger.

Best wishes Lee-ann

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Lee-Ann,


So good to have you visit again!

Yes, I'm thrilled with this news of some last songs from Dan Fogelberg!
And thought it was very nice the blogger (Sarah) took the time to let me know.

Thanks for coming by and I hope you are having a good day where you are.

Junie

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, that is indeed great news and how wonderful that the proceeds of the sales will go towards the Prostate Cancer Foundation. That's what's so terrific about the music industry, so many recordings are available of dead musicians that have never been released before. I remember after Elvis died, I was thrilled when they released some recordings he had made but never released when he was alive. xox

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea,



Yes!!! I'm very happy with this news!


Junie

 
At 12:50 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I'm happy that you're happy JR. Good Deal!

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks very much, Cliff.

:) Yes! very happy with this news!


Junie

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Thanks for your very nice supportive comment on my crocheting...I needed that!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I found you over at Rachels and I am a big fan of Dan Fogelberg's too. I cry every time I hear his song "Living Legacy". It remeinds me of my own dad who died 7 years ago.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Lucy,

Thanks so much for stopping by.

I followed your name recently, too (from Rachels, I think) and noticed you had listed Dan Fogelberg among your favorites!

I didn't leave a comment that day but will visit you again soon.

To me, Dan was the greatest, and I was very sad with his passing! All of his songs were just wonderful and spoke to the hearts of so many people!

This news of one last CD from him was the best thing I've heard in a long time!

Also- since his death I have found a lot of his music videos have been put on Youtube.

Lucy-I'm always happy to meet new people-and especially one who appreciates the music of Dan!


Thanks,

Junie

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

This is wonderful news!!!!

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Yes! :)

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Junie, did you get to hear the song on Lite FM tonight? Beautiful!!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sarah,

YES!!! Yes- It is beautiful...I wanna hear it again. That radio listening is new and confusing to me...so if there was a way to save it from there I couldn't figure it out! Have to try and follow through with the other instructions on the site .

Anyway- yes- it was very beautiful- just as we knew it would be!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home